Quote of the Day

Help Support CattleToday:

upfrombottom":2zcsdi0y said:
" Hope is not a method for military operations or birth control." General Barry McCaffrey on the Libyan air strikes.
I doubt he said that..........if he did............its a reflection on our President not our Air Force.

Kingfisher":2z0qeykq said:
upfrombottom":2z0qeykq said:
" Hope is not a method for military operations or birth control." General Barry McCaffrey on the Libyan air strikes.
I doubt he said that..........if he did............its a reflection on our President not our Air Force.

and then there are those times when I agree with you entirely :tiphat: :drink:

I am not real sure why we stuck our nose in this.
Terrorist killing terrorist seems like a good thing to me, and we didn't have to put any American boys in harms way.

3waycross":2k7gcybc said:
Kingfisher":2k7gcybc said:
upfrombottom":2k7gcybc said:

and then there are those times when I agree with you entirely :tiphat: :drink:
xoxoxo :) Make sure your bulls wear protection. :) Peace.

Caustic Burno":1bop5trr said:
Terrorist killing terrorist seems like a good thing to me, and we didn't have to put any American boys in harms way.
Perhaps that black stuff in barrels is more important than the American boys.....

Caustic Burno":2s2drtkq said:

Well, two things strike me offhand (and I really haven't been paying attention to all of this) but that was the consensus in Afganistan (we see how that evolved) and didn't France esclate things late last week... Ahhh, well...again evolution and history come to mind.

But alison...oil is just as good an excuse as it was in 2001... Ahh...Yep! That's it.

Caustic Burno":dt4g4fhs said:
I'm with you CB. The US allways has a way of poking our noses in everyones business. Let them kill one another. What we are really doing is protecting their oil fields so they can continue screwing us on oil prices.

Vette said

"and didn't France esclate things late last week"

and if my memory serves me correctly, France were the leaders in Viet Nam before we arrived. Then they went home and left it to us. Let's hope history isn't repeating itself!

Presidential election season is coming. Obama must look like he has done a super job putting together a coalition of partnering countries to bring peace and protect innocence. So therefore he thinks by doing this he will bolster his electorate in preparation for this election. We must remember the failings he has had in his leadership...i.e. obamacare, bailouts, budget negotiations and last but not least (in my mind) Don't ask Don't tel repeal. jmho

Libya puts out less than 2% of the worlds oil, but it is sweet crude, not sour crude. If this is over oil, its at the dictation of opec. We don't need to be involved in this one.

hooknline":2s4y8rvx said:
Libya puts out less than 2% of the worlds oil, but it is sweet crude, not sour crude. If this is over oil, its at the dictation of opec. We don't need to be involved in this one.

Why else do you think the French are involved. They are a huge consumer of Libyan oil as is Italy.

Funny how Europe and the Arab League were hot to take this fight on, but when they talked the USA into the job they all backed off.
The only power able to enforce a "no-fly" is the US Navy. In for a dime, in for a dollar. All (most) of Libya's oil goes to Europe. Let them print the checks.
I'm guessing we'll be defending our friends, the Saudi's, against their people in a short time. We live in interesting times.

Don't get me started on the french.they're a bunch of holier than thou cowards who think their dark dirt don't stink

I think it is simpler than that.

King obama called for leadership change in Egypt and the egyptian guy ( i ain't taking on spelling arab names ) had enough money and he said cool, I think I will go to Europe.

King Obama called for leadership change in Libya and the crazy colonel flipped him the bird.
king obama must be obeyed. (and it was an easy target that everybody hated) - a good place for a nobel prize winner to demonstrate the art of peace making.

Funny that we did not see any such peace making when the Wisconsin Legislature was taken over.

I muse what would happen if the Tea Party staged a sit in in the Washington Capital.

Latest posts