Question for Jeanne

Help Support CattleToday:

Sorry I didn't answer sooner. Been out of town to another sale.
Just got the info last night anyway.
Sale averaged $1775 on the bulls and $889 on heifers.
Angus averaged $2146, Simmental $1512, Red Angus $1391 and 1 Charolais $1100 (two Shorthorns No Sale - minimum bid is $1000)
Angus did great this year, last year 1/2 of them (like 10) didn't sell. Gallagher's sale is this Saturday and that usually affects the sale of Angus bulls in our sale.
My Macho bull brought $2050, he was top performing Continental.
Heifers again, were not in "great" BC - maybe a 5 (according to others).

I don't feed out any steers, but I do have 4 on the Cornell Discovery Program, and two of them are Macho's.
Don't really know how they are doing yet. They should have had ultrasound scanning last week and should be harvested soon.
Last year, two Macho steers on test were the highest profit (almost twice as much as the next ones), were 14 months, 1368#, avg REA 17.1. One went Ch+ YG 1, and the other was Ch YG 2.
So, guess you can say they did pretty well! :p

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3liiwpg8 said:
Angus averaged $2146, Simmental $1512, Red Angus $1391 and 1 Charolais $1100 (two Shorthorns No Sale - minimum bid is $1000)
Angus did great this year, last year 1/2 of them (like 10) didn't sell. Gallagher's sale is this Saturday and that usually affects the sale of Angus bulls in our sale.

Thanks for the info, Jeanne. It's nice to see somebody is having good bull sales. They've been tough around here. :(

Quality Cattle":33cabt2g said:
Frankie":33cabt2g said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":33cabt2g said:

Thanks for the info, Jeanne. It's nice to see somebody is having good bull sales. They've been tough around here. :(

Is it a chance that the facts that yg5s are the only thing that can come from 13.1 million head in the cab and angus programs?
if folks would quit turning their cattle black you'd see the grades # go down

Latest posts