Quail hunting

Help Support CattleToday:

Could have been. I miss ol Jerry. Glad I've got you folks to keep good clean fun going.

Jerry was truly one of a kind. A real down home person who never resorted to trash talk or vulgarities to entertain people with stories that you could actually picture as he told them. He had a dog whose nose was so good that after they caught the coon, he trailed it back to where it was born and got it's mama. He also had a dog who was trailing a coon and the owner and neighbors were listening and he went silent and the neighbors laughed and said he lost that coon. The owner said, wait a minute and about that time the dog let loose on the trail again and the owner said----was crossing "posted" property. I never get tired of listening to Jerry

Haven't heard any Jerry Clower for a long time. Does anyone remember all the cousins names? The only one I can think of is Marcel. They just about all rhymed. A couple of stories I recall are Marcels chainsaw and the one about the Southern Olympics. You're right Stocky, you could just see those stories happening to somebody you knew. Or to you. :oops:

when i hear him say the names in my head wanell comes to mind and i keep hearing nugene instead of eugene, i probably shouldnt be listening to those little voices in my head so much, though---lol

They don't make them like Mr. Jerry anymore. I always like the one about the coon hunters and their hounds competitions. This hunter turns his hound loose and the dog runs about 100 yards and starts barking up a short dead tree. The other hunters begin to laugh- when the owner tells them to turn off the lights and back up- can't you see my dogs done beat the coon to the tree.
(short version)