Hunting

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross":cpga8tj1 said:
Stocker Steve":cpga8tj1 said:
3waycross":cpga8tj1 said:
When my Dad passed I found a whole case of Copper plated #2' lead in his ammo dump. Sure wish I could find a way to use the darned things.

Have tried them on late season pheasants. Birds flushed far enough out that the roosters looked black. Could scratch a pheasant down once in a while with the "golden BB", but these loads work much much better on predators.

Never even thought about pheasants, pretty sure they are 3in. might try that. I bet they would wreck some havoc on a coyote at 40yds out of a turkey choke.

BTW being a 16ga nut it's pretty wonderful to find out that Dad had 2 cases of 16ga nitro express #6's hidden away. Now I can give my kids and grandkids all 16gauges and know that they can use them

You can buy all the 16 gauge Ammo you want from here I have cases.

https://www.ableammo.com/catalog/gauge- ... 16378.html

[*]
3waycross":2kjd699t said:
Stocker Steve":2kjd699t said:
dun":2kjd699t said:
Dabbling ducks in very shallow water would be about the only place where lead amounts of lead shot "may" have an effect.

- A lot of the initial lead research was done in the eastern fly way. I don't think those city boys were very good shots, and some spots in the flyway were carpeted with lead.
- Bottom is a big fatality factor. Lead will sink out of birds reach in soft bottom areas, but lays there for years and years on hard bottom.
- Canada was practical for a while. You could use lead for field hunting (where it never got picked up by the birds), even after it was banned over water. We would leave the roosts alone, and sit out in an adjoining field with lead. Lead 2s really reach out. :nod:

When my Dad passed I found a whole case of Copper plated #2' lead in his ammo dump. Sure wish I could find a way to use the darned things.

I use #2's and a full choked Mossberg 500 for long range turkey hunting. It's by far the best patterning turkey shotgun that I own, and the cheapest.

Nothing wrong with a Mossberg shotgun they are a working mans gun IMO.
I started all my boys and grandkids on a 500 field model. They use the same chokes as Winchester and Browning.
I have a old Winchester Model 97 with #4's has won many a turkey shoot bout like shooting a rifle it holds then so tight.

Latest posts