Hunting land prices

Help Support CattleToday:

3 strand Hi-Tensile hot wire should keep your herd in no problem. But, Grit, you were talking 1 strand. Big difference.
About 10 years ago, 58 acres adjacent to my farm was repossessed by County. The only person I was bidding against at the end was a city guy wanting it for hunting.
Has 30 acres farm ground and 28 acres of woods, with a creek running thru it. I had always hunted on it. I bought it for $1000 acre.
Good for you Kenny.

all my 'gates' here are 1 strand of polywire. perimeter fence is 3 strands, posts about 50' apart. i would not recommend that for new cows.

callmefence":2tuuk5w5 said:
True Grit Farms":2tuuk5w5 said:
callmefence":2tuuk5w5 said:
That's just being a irresponsible slob grit. To the point I don't hardly believe you. Anybody that's been around cattle more than three days knows better. If you are telling the truth I would suggest you stop galavanting around the country and build some proper fence before something bad happens.
I can agree with your assessment, but don't doubt me, I'm a rigger from way back. I'm just passing on that training cattle to a hot wire can be done with excellent results. I only have about 1/2 a mile left to add two wires too, and that should make my perimeter fence like Fort Knox. Even my Beefmaster cows have never got out....yet.

My old fence.

My new fence.

I personally would sure cut corners on a drill are a bull before I would what keeps it all in.

I just wish highgrit would swing by and have a talk with you. I liked that cat , he had sense.
Highgrit got the crap beat out of him at the gym polishing his karate skills, and figured out real quick he was not into a trip to Texas. He also needs to thank Fenceman for saving him a azz whipping.
Believe it or not I've learned a lot from you. I'm in the process of rebuilding my working and finishing facilities with pipe, welded panels and guard rail, even pouring some concrete. Truth be told I'm fixing to AI some of my baldie cows to Brahman bulls and figured I better tighten up.

True Grit Farms":a4sktdrm said:
callmefence":a4sktdrm said:
True Grit Farms":a4sktdrm said:
I can agree with your assessment, but don't doubt me, I'm a rigger from way back. I'm just passing on that training cattle to a hot wire can be done with excellent results. I only have about 1/2 a mile left to add two wires too, and that should make my perimeter fence like Fort Knox. Even my Beefmaster cows have never got out....yet.

My old fence.

My new fence.

I personally would sure cut corners on a drill are a bull before I would what keeps it all in.

I just wish highgrit would swing by and have a talk with you. I liked that cat , he had sense.
Highgrit got the crap beat out of him at the gym polishing his karate skills, and figured out real quick he was not into a trip to Texas. He also needs to thank Fenceman for saving him a azz whipping.
Believe it or not I've learned a lot from you. I'm in the process of rebuilding my working and finishing facilities with pipe, welded panels and guard rail, even pouring some concrete. Truth be told I'm fixing to AI some of my baldie cows to Brahman bulls and figured I better tighten up.

I hate to hear that....he'd certainly be welcome here.....as far as karate goes they wear bathrobe's and no shoes. I'd think pull their skirt over their head and stomp on the toes with your boots......try that.

Latest posts