Proper size trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy+":2rpr06fn said:
Brandonm2":2rpr06fn said:
Of course we all know people with a $35,000 dually, $28,000 JD tractor, $4,000 horse trailer, $8000 stock trailer, $4000 bushog, and $5500 ATV to manage a herd consisting of two horses and 10 cows.

Add 10K to the dualie.
Add 20K to the JD.
Add 10K to the horse trailer.
Stock trailer is ok.
Bushog is ok if used.
ATV is ok.

I mentioned this before long ago. Saw a single wide trailer on about 2 acres. THey had a $40K diesel truck and a $20K aluminum horse trailer parked beside it. I guess you got to look the part when you go to the shows.
I gotta get in on this one! There's some folks not too far from here that have a House Trailer than cant be worth 5 grand, but have a 2005 King Ranch Dually Crew Cab, and a newer Chevy Crew Cab, and have 4 horses.Moral to the story: I'd rather have a nice home, than 2 vehicles that aint worth squat in 15 years.

Crowderfarms":3je2rpec said:
flaboy+":3je2rpec said:
Brandonm2":3je2rpec said:
Of course we all know people with a $35,000 dually, $28,000 JD tractor, $4,000 horse trailer, $8000 stock trailer, $4000 bushog, and $5500 ATV to manage a herd consisting of two horses and 10 cows.

Add 10K to the dualie.
Add 20K to the JD.
Add 10K to the horse trailer.
Stock trailer is ok.
Bushog is ok if used.
ATV is ok.

I mentioned this before long ago. Saw a single wide trailer on about 2 acres. THey had a $40K diesel truck and a $20K aluminum horse trailer parked beside it. I guess you got to look the part when you go to the shows.
I gotta get in on this one! There's some folks not too far from here that have a House Trailer than cant be worth 5 grand, but have a 2005 King Ranch Dually Crew Cab, and a newer Chevy Crew Cab, and have 4 horses.Moral to the story: I'd rather have a nice home, than 2 vehicles that aint worth squat in 15 years.

Priorities! All I want from a house is to keep me warm and dry. The vehicles need to me dead solid reliable.
That said, I'ld rather spend the money on good cattle then a fancy tcuk/trailer.

dun

Latest posts