Preconditioned Calves Bring Premiums

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
EAT BEEF":3rnj5nli said:
I'm not going to make many friends with this statement but there seems to be a real lack of pride in livestock, farm apperence, and equipment in the south compared to the north.

When was the last time you came to see me?

EAT BEEF":1wnmmbfh said:
I'm not going to make many friends with this statement but there seems to be a real lack of pride in livestock, farm apperence, and equipment in the south compared to the north.
Well my brother and I used to go from Southern MN dairy farm to Southern MN Dairy Farm picking up bull calves. Let me tell you I'm not sure if it was the long hours or the apparent low pay but where ever they got done using something is were it laid until they needed it again. Unless they never planned on using it again then it was there forever.

Wewild":16ixkvaw said:
EAT BEEF":16ixkvaw said:

When was the last time you came to see me?

Not saying there are not some real nice places in the south I'm sure Georgia has some real nice places. I moved to Oklahoma about two years ago it has many benefits but pride of ownership does not seen to be one of them for most folks. There are some nice places and good cattle but most of them are people that moved in from the north for the climate and cost to run a cow any place is what you make it's just hard to get someone to give you a premium if you don't care.

EAT BEEF":3uadeqyb said:
I moved to Oklahoma about two years ago it has many benefits but pride of ownership does not seen to be one of them for most folks.

I don't think Oklahoma would be consider the South. If you want to trash something at least get the target right.

Ok I missed the mark. If you want to keep going bring it but lets start a new tread so I don't mess this one up anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts