prayers..

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard said:
Praise the Lord! It's been a rough 7 months, but my brother beat the odds of stage 4 and was pronounced cancer free this afternoon. Thank each of you for your thoughts and prayers.[/quote

What amazing news!!! So happy for you and your family, Greybeard! :) :)

Well, looks like the celebration is premature.

sigh.......got the news yesterday.......latest scan was good and terrible. After months of seemingly improved health, the latest scan again showed the cancer in esophagus gone. But, he's been having an almost 24/7 headache. Scan also showed a new tumor near his brain stem, growing at a rate of 1 cm/month. 1 cm=just over 3/8" or .394" . His oncologist wants to do more chemo, this time without installing a port. (not possible to use the port because of the location) She has not seen the scan but has read the report. He asked what if he did nothing at all, and she said, "months--in single digits", meaning 1-9 months--9 months being max. He asked about surgery, and she said 'No--not where this one is--too risky'. But, a day later, his surgeon, who he has confidence in, called and left word that he wants him in his office Tuesday, said he has seen the scans and believes the tumor is "resectable" (removable by surgery).
Now tho, after over a year of us trying to get him to go to MD Anderson Hou for a 2nd opinion, he suddenly thinks it's a good idea to come to Houston.

Biggest hindrance is his attitude--one of denial--always has been, because he doesn't really feel "sick" except when he was taking the chemo. He may well chose to do nothing if the risk factor is high--that is, if there is a high risk of the surgery leaving him physically disabled in some way. He's of the mind that he can get 9 months of good life, which of course is probably wishful thinking. Most cancer patients have a miserable last 2-3-4 months. He doesn't realize the extent to which I would go to care for him if some kind of disability were the result of extending his life.
He was here last weekend, we planted some deer plots over on his property, he used the tractor, disc and planter--plans to hunt here this winter, but now, this........
I'm sick over it--can't imagine life without him because I've never had to experience a single minute of life without him. We are identical twins, we are..one.

I hate to hear he's not doing well, and can't imagine what you're going through. I don't even have a brother, much less a twin.

Oh good Lord! :( GB, this is a difficult situation. I'm sorry to hear of the bad news part of this saga.

Your brother, you and the family are once again in my prayers and will be.

Thanks for the update.

Maybe your brother will have a change of heart with regard to his attitude.

GB. Discouraging to hear. I wish the entire family well and hope events take a turn for the better.

GB I've never met you or your brother. But I still wish the best for both of you in dealing with this terrible illness. I pray that he can beat this disease and that you are able to help him to the best of your ability.

That just stinks GB. Prayers from us, for wisdom and peace for all of you. Ive heard really good things about Anderson, and it sounds like his surgeon is also optimistic. Given more info your brother just may decide to fight. Tell him that extent to which you're willing to go to keep him with you, get mushy if you have to!

This is a tough deal, may God's peace be with you and your family. My family knows your pain.

Grey you and your family have our prayers. My wife lost her twin sister earlier this year. Its been a tough row to hoe for her. I see her struggle with it each day.

Latest posts