prayers..

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks all for the prayers and kind words.

Well, they got the swelling down, and he's been released to go home, but is scheduled for surgery mon or tuesday to remove a golfball size tumor from his left temporal lobe, which will be tested for cancer once it is removed. The up sides are that the tumor is close to the brain surface and the neurosurgeon thinks very little "good tissue" will have to be removed, and the fact that they believe the tumor has been there a long time (several years) is a positive indication it is not cancerous.
I head home tomorrow, then will return to "the natural" state next week when we know which day the surgery will be done but I think I will fly--it's a long drive.

greybeard":ztbwi34m said:
Thanks all for the prayers and kind words.

Well, they got the swelling down, and he's been released to go home, but is scheduled for surgery mon or tuesday to remove a golfball size tumor from his left temporal lobe, which will be tested for cancer once it is removed. The up sides are that the tumor is close to the brain surface and the neurosurgeon thinks very little "good tissue" will have to be removed, and the fact that they believe the tumor has been there a long time (several years) is a positive indication it is not cancerous.
I head home tomorrow, then will return to "the natural" state next week when we know which day the surgery will be done but I think I will fly--it's a long drive.

Keep us posted.
Will keep him in our prayers.

Surgery is scheduled sometime monday morning. I'll head back to Arkansas sunday with a ball pean hammer, some chisels, my cordless drill, 2" hole saw--and a little wet/dry shop vac.
Pretty sure I can do this for him and save his insurance a ton of $$--it ain't exactly brain surgery................oh wait.....
Yeah, I really am nervous and worried--he and I been thru a lot together.
RVN 1970
59ga.jpg

Jane and I just got home 1/2 hr ago.
good night.

Our prayer continue for your brother and your family. Thanks for sharing the pic, it's great to see you as the soldier you are. Thank you for your service, take care and God bless your family.

Alan

you all will be in my thoughts and prayers today
praying for your brother, his surgical team, you and his family.
May he have a successful surgery and a quick uneventful recovery.
praying for a safe trip for you.

greybeard":2xj4s9vv said:
Surgery is scheduled sometime monday morning. I'll head back to Arkansas sunday with a ball pean hammer, some chisels, my cordless drill, 2" hole saw--and a little wet/dry shop vac.
Pretty sure I can do this for him and save his insurance a ton of $$--it ain't exactly brain surgery................oh wait.....
Yeah, I really am nervous and worried--he and I been thru a lot together.
RVN 1970
59ga.jpg

Jane and I just got home 1/2 hr ago.
good night.
Good lookin guys!!
Best wishes and blessings for your brother, and safe travels for you and your wife.

I know you're traveling today, our prayers are with you and best of luck to your brother in tomorrow's surgery.

:tiphat: Alan

Will continue to pray for all of you, especially tomorrow. Have faith in God and He will give you the strength that you need. Be careful traveling.

Back home just now. My mirror image has cancer.. They removed all of the golf ball sized tumor, but found another smaller one on parietal lobe that they aren't going to address right now--will probably try radiation or chemo on it at some point--after his head heals, but the docs and lab all say the cancer did not originate in brain but elsewhere in his body. He has been released from the hospital and recovering from surgery, and doing very well--no pain or reduced ability in physical activity except those restrictions placed by the docs.
Next step will be a full work-up, including prostate, colonoscopy, and a positron emission tomography as soon as his insurance approves it.
IOW, they will be looking for the source of the cancer. He's got a long hard road ahead I'm afraid, and if I had my way, would have loaded him up already and brought him back here to go to MD Anderson, but he has a wife and grown kids there--it's not my call and I couldn't easily talk them in to it.
:( :frowns:

Latest posts