Prayers for Uncle

Help Support CattleToday:

The Surgery all went well I think. Think he has just started on solid food. Think he gets a report back today from test taken to see if they think all the cancer is gone.

Meant to update more on this but just don't have the stomach or heart to talk much about it. Plus I've been busy. They did solve the pancreas cancer and took care of it. He had gotten better but the Cancer later showed up in his liver. Took more Chemo for it but don't think it did much good. He never married or had any children so it's been a lot stress for dad and my other uncle. Just keep our family in prayer and I know miracles happen but it doesn't look good.

Things happen from time to time that shows us how valuable each and every moment are here on Earth and with each other. Uncle is still putting in a good fight but it looks like it might be anytime when it's over. His Best friend and a family friend whom every one thought was in good health had a sudden massive heart attack and passed away. He would call my uncle every night to check on him. He would deer hunt with us on the farm every year, and also was dad's best man at my parents wedding. Just a great friend to my uncles and dad all the way back to their grade school years. He had retired from the Breathitt Veterinary Center and any time we had a calf, cow, or bull die unexpectedly he'd say bring it up here I'd stay on them till we figure it out what happened to them. Just a great help. Anyway it was really tough on dad telling Uncle he had passed scared how he might take it, but we wanted to let him know before somebody else told him and before he started asking why he hasn't called me tonight. Everything is really taking a toll on dad too he told me yesterday everyone I grew up with is gone or near it. I'm trying to keep him upbeat and help out as much as I can. You All's prayers and thoughts have been so helpful and keeps us going.

An Update. Uncle Passed this morning. I thank each and everyone who have said a prayer for him and our family or if you just had us in your thoughts. It really means a lot to us, Thank You.

Latest posts