Post your best pic of a cow...yours or otherwise.

Help Support CattleToday:

la4angus":1qn4f8jw said:
ga. prime":1qn4f8jw said:
Texbulldog, you got named right, 'cause you sure won't give up or let go of anything.

He has a right to be proud of them.
Has some good looking baldy cattle, much better looking than some other cattle that has been posted on here.

Hard to confuse them with angus ....huh?

Camp, hope you don't mind, I brought her a little closer for everyone. Little grainy.

Ronsfavorite.gif
[/img]

Beefy":29s04x0a said:
Wewild":29s04x0a said:
Coming off winter.

limgirl.jpg

wewild, thats looks like a cow i sold back in january. she was 11 and open though.

What you saying' . She ain't that old (closed herd....got one that someone lost this winter....thinking about giving her back). It is amazing how they maintain their youth. You ain't had Lim's like this in several generations. I think from what you said .. your dad was the one who liked/had them.

actaully, he likes charolais. his grandfather was the one who liked Limousins. but there were a few excellent ones that we kept around over the years. her mother was very high percentage limousin but i cant be certain how much. I didnt mean to offend you... i never would have thought the cow i sold was 11 OR open. she looked the same from the time she had her second calf until we sold her. so how old is she?

(we still use limousin or limousin angus cross bulls from time to time)

Beefy":2amynqwn said:
actaully, he likes charolais. his grandfather was the one who liked Limousins. but there were a few excellent ones that we kept around over the years. her mother was very high percentage limousin but i cant be certain how much. I didnt mean to offend you... i never would have thought the cow i sold was 11 OR open. she looked the same from the time she had her second calf until we sold her. so how old is she?

They start turning lighter and lighter red .... all the way to almost yellow. We've had them last around 15 - 20 years.

Your right about ...... they drop off after 15.

i dont know about all that now. the oldest cows we have are 14, ones a brangus, another is mostly brahman with some charolais and the other one is a pet charolais cow. anything over 10 is walking a fine line and with prices as they are anything over 6 that looks at me wrong might be heading to town.

well, how old is she?!

la4angus":3lmnhwp8 said:
Wewild":3lmnhwp8 said:
Hard to confuse them with angus ....huh?
Yep, and I guess we could all be smart asses too. Most would have to try though.

If the shoe fits ..... I guess I may have to wear it along with some others.

Don't sell yourself short.

frenchie":nretpxy5 said:
Campground Cattle":nretpxy5 said:
I guess this old gal would be my best, she never misses and has been the most profitable.

Campground I really like that old girl

Thanks Frenchie the old girl is still here because everyone of her bull calfs have sold as Herd bulls. I culled everything over eight years old but her when the prices jumped.

:lol2:
she always sits like that.
she is the sweetest girl though and she will Live on the back of a pickup if you let her!

buckaroo_bif":237w4g0n said:
See what you think of this blonde! :D
Her name is Zoe

zoetruck.jpg
[/img]

Bif, is that a cast net in the back of the truck? I've seen and used several on the Texas Gulf Coast but I was wondering what a Okie uses one for. :lol:

;-)

Latest posts