Post a random picture

Help Support CattleToday:

Couldn't resist. Phil (nephew) took this pic this morning. Crisp 33F. Again, this is our cow/calf. Can't see the cow! and she weights like 1500#. They show next week as cow/calf for the last time. Getting weaned - finally! Everyone else got weaned 9-8
I think the commercial guy that is getting that calf could make money on his purchase if you advise him on a marketing plan. Might be time to negotiate a repurchase of the bull or retaining semen rights.

We have already talked to him about a re-sale when he is finished with him. Might even want to use him for 30 days! Commercial buyer got him cheaper than I sold my steers!!!
But, that's OK. This is like the 8th bull he has purchased. He is the one that started putting in his order before they were born. He has had 1st pick for about 4 years now.

RDghr6A.jpg

We have already talked to him about a re-sale when he is finished with him. Might even want to use him for 30 days! Commercial buyer got him cheaper than I sold my steers!!!
But, that's OK. This is like the 8th bull he has purchased. He is the one that started putting in his order before they were born. He has had 1st pick for about 4 years now.
Update. We are at Big E Show. 4 hour trip. Coming off the trailer, we weighed him.....
1155# at under 9 months old.
Last 2 days to get to suck on his dam. Show tomorrow.

Update - we were really piggy. We won everything. Grand Champion Cow/Calf, Grand Champion Bull, Grand Champion AND Res. Grand Champion Female - with our 4 head. Was Premier Breeder and Premier Exhibitor. The judge made a great comment to me while standing at the backdrop taking pictures. He said he loved how "fresh" all my cattle were, especially this late in the season. Meaning they weren't FAT!
Bull got weaned this morning.
1695944660761.png

Latest posts