poll

Help Support CattleToday:

i'm not sure about trucks but i know some cars have mini fridge in the console and massaging seats.

I put a flatbed on my Ram last year. Love it. One of those thing I wish I had done 10 years ago. My bed and tailgate were both bashed in from hitting them with the goose neck when driving over a terrace.

BRYANT":4m062e41 said:
just read the manual or tell the dealership to turn off the seatbelt warning beeper, if you are farm tagged your not required to wear a seat anyways

I refused to drive it off the lot with the key in the ignition chime or the seatbelt chime. They crawfished for over an hour and then finally declared they would give me a schematic and tell me which wires to snip. I went home in the old truck. They got to keep it. Two weeks later they were giving me grief in a restaurant and I told them I'd just buy elsewhere in the future and they shut up.

I want a truck to drive it'self home so I can drink beer and sit in the back seat.

backhoeboogie":10hee9cd said:
BRYANT":10hee9cd said:
just read the manual or tell the dealership to turn off the seatbelt warning beeper, if you are farm tagged your not required to wear a seat anyways

I refused to drive it off the lot with the key in the ignition chime or the seatbelt chime. They crawfished for over an hour and then finally declared they would give me a schematic and tell me which wires to snip. I went home in the old truck. They got to keep it. Two weeks later they were giving me grief in a restaurant and I told them I'd just buy elsewhere in the future and they shut up.
On my dodge and also a ford you just read in the owners manual and it tells you how to turn them off its with the key and the seatbelt. Very simple to do, no cutting wires or any of that the ford I turned off the dodge the dealership turned off.

BRYANT":qars6kld said:
backhoeboogie":qars6kld said:
BRYANT":qars6kld said:

On my dodge and also a ford you just read in the owners manual and it tells you how to turn them off its with the key and the seatbelt. Very simple to do, no cutting wires or any of that the ford I turned off the dodge the dealership turned off.

Well then, they didn't want to sell a truck very badly now did they ??? :cowboy:

No more Fords for me. I made the mistake of buying the 6 point uh oh

backhoeboogie":18xjyq8x said:
No more Fords for me. I made the mistake of buying the 6 point uh oh

I know that feeling.... bought a new Dodge Cummins in 2010. I can now say I've had two Dodges. My first and my last. Same truck.

I am a vote for a simple base truck...
no electric anything to go wrong....windows mirrors seats etc.
simple vinyl floor mats....no carpet....
same with the seats....
ability to take the water hose and wash the truck out...
Four in the floor and decent power to pull a trailer....
and a reasonable price...

pdfangus":1f9crbaf said:
same with the seats....

I have to have a/c too . The rest of it sounds perfect.

backhoeboogie":10rtaqd2 said:
pdfangus":10rtaqd2 said:
same with the seats....

I have to have a/c too . The rest of it sounds perfect.

I dunno... A driver's power window switch for the passenger side window comes in handy sometimes...spotlight mounted on the hood, with direction control from inside the cab would be nice too.

pdfangus":dmoljpy4 said:
Just like in every thing else...agricultural people are too independent minded to agree on anything

I respectfully disagree with that :lol: :lol: :lol:

pdfangus":z9qq0ydw said:
same with the seats....

Had one 57 Model Chevrolet Apache.

I had a couple in the late 70s and early 80s

Most memorable was a Ford six cylinder half ton with a granny gear and positive traction.

I could put chains on that thing and feed hay thru two feet of unbroken snow....this was before every body had big bales. We used to put up around 100,000 squares every year. Some we could feed from the barn but most was hauled daily to the cows. We also fed some silage but the tractor crew did most. Of that.

I had several '65 & '66 Chevy 1/2 ton pickups with the 250 six cylinder and three on the tree. Absolutely nothing fancy about them. Drove them all over the western USA chasing after rodeos. They never failed me. Easy to work on. Down the road we went.

Latest posts