Poll. Bull size.

Help Support CattleToday:

Do you use a bull the same size as your cow herd?( AI or natural )

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ONLY-BEEF":29wre88x said:
Mister S.R.R. these fellows are just tryen ta agravate ya. Ifen a cow calf rancher is letten a bull the same size as their cow have a go at em then they are the kind O cattle men ya talk about on occasion. welfare cattlemen, hobby cattlemen!!
Don't let these fellers get under yur skin they aint got a like O sense ifen what they say their doen is true.

Ya seem like a real cattlemen up agianst a bunch O rancher want ta bees. These fellers have got a heap O learn ta do and for some it takes a heap O time ta do it.

Ya may be from canada but from the letters of yurs i have been readen we think a lot O like and yor one O the few real cattlemen left on this here board.

This here letter is longer then the one i wrote my kids for Christmas but i sure hate ta see a good cattlemen bein knocked on, there ain't that many O us left.

Maybe you two should get together for Xmas and compare the size of you "Bull"!

1848":19psgehn said:
ONLY-BEEF":19psgehn said:
Mister S.R.R. these fellows are just tryen ta agravate ya. Ifen a cow calf rancher is letten a bull the same size as their cow have a go at em then they are the kind O cattle men ya talk about on occasion. welfare cattlemen, hobby cattlemen!!
Don't let these fellers get under yur skin they aint got a like O sense ifen what they say their doen is true.

Ya seem like a real cattlemen up agianst a bunch O rancher want ta bees. These fellers have got a heap O learn ta do and for some it takes a heap O time ta do it.

Ya may be from canada but from the letters of yurs i have been readen we think a lot O like and yor one O the few real cattlemen left on this here board.

This here letter is longer then the one i wrote my kids for Christmas but i sure hate ta see a good cattlemen bein knocked on, there ain't that many O us left.

Mister 1848 first off it is not Xmas it is CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

as fur the rest O yur note i'm callen it the way i see it.

ONLY-BEEF":1mb3t4k0 said:

:roll: Seems strange how You are able to spell some words properly. ;-)

S.R.R.":2k6injga said:
And I will bet you a tenderloin that the AI bull you picked is larger then your cows!

Maybe...and maybe not. I wouldn't put your reputation where your "beef" is. :D. Especially considering your cows must be so large by now (since you always use large sires) that they must be 1600 to 1800 lbs and your bulls 2500. There are many bulls that have semen for sale that are in the 1500 to 1700lb range, but sire exceptional muscle, size and frame. :roll:

You know, that half starved, overworked bull in the pasture, "with the same genetic potential", is not being grain fed and coddled, or just sitting in a stall being "serviced" either so I would not expect anything less from an AI sire. You need to make a better point SRR. Your argument is weak.

ONLY-BEEF":2w4q4ufl said:
1848":2w4q4ufl said:
ONLY-BEEF":2w4q4ufl said:

Mister 1848 first off it is not Xmas it is CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

as fur the rest O yur note i'm callen it the way i see it.

Obviously, That's why you are agreeing with SRR....."Mr. Cattleman" :eek:

It's a real hoot having someone from Canada trying to tell someone from the southern US how to raise cattle. About all the two have in common is beef production. Of course when your only goal seems to be to start arguments, I guess any subject is fair game.

dun

KenB":ixn3kymb said:

:lol2: :lol2: :nod:

No offense "Mr. Cattleman", just enjoy the wit which accompanied that posts! :)

dun":1rgpaym8 said:
It's a real hoot having someone from Canada trying to tell someone from the southern US how to raise cattle. About all the two have in common is beef production. Of course when your only goal seems to be to start arguments, I guess any subject is fair game.

dun

Dog Gone it Dun....I'm not starting an argument..in fact i didn't have to create a seperate thread to try and get a "biased" and popular vote. I'm just try to look at both sides of the coin....but it's hard when your interpreting "Canadian Exchange!" ;-)

KenB":2rw3zhvu said:
ONLY-BEEF":2rw3zhvu said:

Yep it shur is! :? I can not tell ya how many times i'v wished my pa had kept me in school insted O pullen me out an throuen me on the dang range. not that i dident have a good life cus i did it just would O been nice ta be able ta have some proper learnen.

dun":ppytzzzo said:

dun

O.K. dun I am open and ready to learn. Please tell us about all the ranches that use bulls of the same size, wt. as their cows no matter what part of the country they are from I would like to know.

dun":2rzhx5fh said:

dun

I was actually learning a bit and thinking about the topic.

S.R.R. has said repeatedly he is more texan than canuck, and we are still on the subject of bulls, like we have been for weeks. Why bring geography or politics into it?

Nobody tries to tell anyone anything in here. This is the internet dun, and quite frankly the above post was your least valuable. That is, in my just a cattle guy, not U.S. citizen opinion.

My cows weigh between 1200 and 1400.

My bulls usually top out at about 2200 - 2400.

Is that big enough?

Are we really arguing that bulls should be bigger than cows? :lol:

AngusLimoX":1prz5gi0 said:
dun":1prz5gi0 said:

dun

I was actually learning a bit and thinking about the topic.

S.R.R. has said repeatedly he is more texan than canuck, and we are still on the subject of bulls, like we have been for weeks. Why bring geography or politics into it?

Nobody tries to tell anyone anything in here. This is the internet dun, and quite frankly the above post was your least valuable. That is, in my just a cattle guy, not U.S. citizen opinion.

Because geography plays a huge roll.
A real cattle guy would know that.

MikeC":29o65wed said:

Is that big enough?

Nope not me, just sittin here readin the crap listen to alittle john mayer.
Life is good.
MD

PS Mike I bet my bull is bigger than yours

Don't see what all the arguing is about...if you find a bull that's the same size as your cows, but gives you great calves year after year, then use the ol' boy...Shouldn't really even matter the size of the bull, just what kind of calves you get from him, that's where your either going to make or lose money...no money is going to come from whether he's bigger or the same size are your cows, so I don't see what that has anything to do with it

ONLY-BEEF":1ohayfb4 said:
KenB":1ohayfb4 said:
ONLY-BEEF":1ohayfb4 said:

Yep it shur is! :? I can not tell ya how many times i'v wished my pa had kept me in school insted O pullen me out an throuen me on the dang range. not that i dident have a good life cus i did it just would O been nice ta be able ta have some proper learnen.

It's funny cause sometimes I wish I wore your shoes. ;-)

NamVet_Farmer44":2hno0mfa said:
Don't see what all the arguing is about...if you find a bull that's the same size as your cows, but gives you great calves year after year, then use the ol' boy...Shouldn't really even matter the size of the bull, just what kind of calves you get from him, that's where your either going to make or lose money...no money is going to come from whether he's bigger or the same size are your cows, so I don't see what that has anything to do with it
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you

SRR, it's time to rewrite the thread...it's biased. The no answer could fool the people who use a bull smaller then their cows! :shock: :lol:

redfornow":32wiz8sh said:
MikeC":32wiz8sh said:

Is that big enough?

Nope not me, just sittin here readin the crap listen to alittle john mayer.
Life is good.
MD

PS Mike I bet my bull is bigger than yours

How much? I got one so big he has to duck to go under the power lines. Frame score 26. (It's a special chart formulated just for me) :lol:

It took a whole pot just move him to another pasture.

He don't have to jump and mount the cows either. He just walks up and straddles them.

Latest posts