Police chase

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Youngest son woke to a load crash, police were in a high speed chase after a guy in a 3/4 Dodge. Cops put out wthe spike strips on Hwy 6 taking out the tires, guy left the hwy cutting through neighborhoods. He went through my sons yard hitting and totaling out his Ford one ton.
Three police dept after him and he still got away with helicopters and dogs after him on foot now.
Haven't found out what he did yet this is the kicker he had insurance.

People run for the littlest things. Guy here took off last week, if I recall he was drinking. Didn't know the road, and rolled it on a bad curve. Died just to keep from spending the night in jail.
Hopefully your son gets his trucked fixed/replaced.

This dude was high on something after knocking that one ton over into my sons travel trailer guy got of the truck looked like Bob Hayes running from the cops. Sons home security caught it all on video. He went through the back yard cop missed him with a taser on top of the chicken coop. He fled the cops across three counties Harris,Brazoria,and Galveston.
He was fleeing from a burglary .

Bob Hayes, Cowboy great! Hadn't thought of him in a long, long time. Used to have him in a coca-cola bottle cap collection of NFL players 50 years ago. Don't know what happened to that collection but wish I still had it.

A gutsy gal we know (used to baby sit her) was cruising along pretty good one day. She passed a state trooper on the other side of the road and saw him do a U-turn and his lights came on.
She started slowing down to stop. Then she thought, "I'm driving a 12 cylinder Jag".
She hit the gas and left him behind. At an exit she got off the highway and hid in a parking lot.
I'll admit my reaction was, :clap: :clap: :clap: You go girl.

Had a 69 GTO that thing would run state troopers had 440 Mags.
Seen a Vette try to outrun them one night didn't turn out well for the Vette or driver.

On the boys truck he needs an EMT cause he is in sticker shock from what he paid for that 06 F350.

Caustic Burno":2uofcf4p said:
Had a 69 GTO that thing would run state troopers had 440 Mags.
Seen a Vette try to outrun them one night didn't turn out well for the Vette or driver.

On the boys truck he needs an EMT cause he is in sticker shock from what he paid for that 06 F350.

Out running a troopers car is a piece of cake. It is the dang radio that is hard to outrun.

Was driving across Eastern Washington on our way to a rodeo. My car, my .... associate driving. Went through a little town, on the edge of tow there was a Z corner under the railroad tracks. My associate threw an empty beer bottle at the concrete railroad bridge. Just as the bottle was leaving his fingers we realized there was a cop sitting there with his radar facing the other direction. The beer bottle hit the concrete and showered broken glass all over the hood of his car. Associate looked at me and said what do I do? I replied punch it. A 1965 Mustang 289 4 speed. Not overly fast but quick. We passed 8 or 9 cars before the cop could get turned around. Then we hit some rolling hills. The cop was trying to get around those cars and we were flying wide open. This is in the wheat country so it is pretty open. Last we saw him he was about two hills back with his lights on. We went around the next two towns. I am pretty sure he had radioed ahead. He was a deputy sheriff and the town with the rodeo we were going to was the county seat. We parked the car on a back street and didn't go near it for a day or two.

I bought diesel in Cleburne. Paid at the pump with debit card. Kept the receipt. 10 miles down the road I had three of them on me. Pulled over to let them by and they boxed me in. Clerk had given my license plate and description saying I left without paying for the "gas"! I was cuffed. Told the cops where to find the receipt for my diesel in the truck. Clerk simply gave out the wrong data.

Funny feeling when you pull over to let them go by, and they don't just run on by.

My father's old partner used to love to tell the story about when his sister got married and he was taking her and her new husband from the church at Whitehall to the reception in Navasota. This was in the late 1950's. Anyway, he had his '57 Chevy wound up to about 100, and met one of the local officers a couple of miles out of town. The officer immediately hit his lights, but my dad's buddy just kept going. He said by the time the officer got turned around he was clean out of sight. However, as is common in rural areas, the officer recognized him and knew where he was going. He's been dead for over 10 years but I can still hear him finish up the story:

By the time he got turned around and caught up to me I was standing at the keg getting a beer. He pulled out his ticket book and I said "What are you doing?" He said "I'm fixing to write you a ticket." I told him "No you're not. You didn't catch me. Here, have a beer." He took it, drank it, and went on about his business.

When I was in high school we would take our four wheelers out to a buddies ranch on the edge of town. We would drive them from our houses in town and ease out there. It started out pretty harmless. Then it turned in to lets go by ol girls house and pick her up on the way. Then people started calling in on us so it turned in to a cat and mouse game with the local cops. We were unplugging lights and every thing so we could black out and run from them. As long as you stayed on short runs you could out run them but don't get on an open road with them. They finally caught on and figured out who was doing it. One night there was a deputy parked by my house and one by my cousins. Our parents were together and put the pieces of the puzzle together. My aunt called as we were on our way back to the house and said don't come home there are cops sitting on the road outside their house. We were trying to go back to the ranch we came from and ended up getting a cop on our tail. We lost him in the neighborhoods and ended up riding the atvs 10 miles out to one of our places to stash them in the barn. My aunt came and picked us all up and took us all home. My cousin said when they got to the house the cop pulled up at the house and started questioning where they were and all kinds of stuff. My aunt said they were riding at the place all day and she went to pick us all up. She covered for all us.

When I got home I asked my parents why they didn't call and warn me like good parents.... they said I deserved to get caught. :lol2: