Police killed a dog

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
skyhightree1":1vdj7ikz said:
I personally have in total 4 years of L.E. experience and am well versed with the laws of my locality as well as my state. Its just as some have said before you have good cops bad cops.. good neighbors bad neighbors... Good farmers bad farmers.. Good food Bad food you get the point...

True, but a bad cop gets the benefit of the doubt over a good citizen.

We have been thru this Pitt deal before. Its amazing that the same pro gun people will put down a Pitt. Statistically there is a whole list of other breeds you are far more likely to get bit by than a Pitt. Its pure media propaganda just like the people who go after ARs. I assume you people are all anti-Brahman cattle also? They don't have such a great reputation.

The hypocracy of people is why the Fed govt is tearing us apart. You want to make a deal with the devil when it suits you. You give them an inch... eventually they will take a mile.
d16daa2a-c743-437b-816f-2736db68943c_zps4194c3eb.jpg

I can agree to that but one reason why I push people to know your rights as a citizen. I have seen good and bad officers on a personal and professional level.. as far as brahman cattle I don't know enough about them to have an opinion.

I've never owned one but I'm not going to blame it on the breed. I've had lots of dogs that would have come flying out the window if 3 guys were restraining me. The idiots could have handled that one better even if they did nothing wrong.

B&M Farms":3rzmyrfn said:
I've never owned one but I'm not going to blame it on the breed. I've had lots of dogs that would have come flying out the window if 3 guys were restraining me. The idiots could have handled that one better even if they did nothing wrong.

The only idiot I saw out of the whole thing was the dogs owner who should have cut his music down and quit trying to be a smart arse... If its attention he wanted he got all he can handle now. Its hard enough to do police work without having some jerk being a public nuisance while you have a serious situation going on. I bet you next time he will think twice about being a D head.

3waycross":3d1wsw4n said:
Rotts, Pits,Dobermans and German Shepards............good for one thing and that is hurting people......I would shoot em all given the chance.

Saw my niece get her face shredded by her own dog for absolutely no reason when she was 3 or 4 years old. Doberman male a year old woke up from a nap and turned around and destroyed her.

Save all ya'alls bleeding heart comments. I hate em and do not give a flying shyt what anyone else thinks about the subject!
Yea I had a girl w a daughter that suffered that. It's a problem here in the City w Cops killing people's dogs....but a dog only has to get you once to get your attention I don't kinder up to many dogs....

Brute 23":21fku5w2 said:
skyhightree1":21fku5w2 said:
I personally have in total 4 years of L.E. experience and am well versed with the laws of my locality as well as my state. Its just as some have said before you have good cops bad cops.. good neighbors bad neighbors... Good farmers bad farmers.. Good food Bad food you get the point...

We have been thru this Pitt deal before. Its amazing that the same pro gun people will put down a Pitt. Statistically there is a whole list of other breeds you are far more likely to get bit by than a Pitt. Its pure media propaganda just like the people who go after ARs. I assume you people are all anti-Brahman cattle also? They don't have such a great reputation.

What's a Pitt? A pit bull that dont bite.....come on man.......
The hypocracy of people is why the Fed govt is tearing us apart. You want to make a deal with the devil when it suits you. You give them an inch... eventually they will take a mile.
d16daa2a-c743-437b-816f-2736db68943c_zps4194c3eb.jpg

Kingfisher":2j72zxtd said:
3waycross":2j72zxtd said:
Rotts, Pits,Dobermans and German Shepards............good for one thing and that is hurting people......I would shoot em all given the chance.

Saw my niece get her face shredded by her own dog for absolutely no reason when she was 3 or 4 years old. Doberman male a year old woke up from a nap and turned around and destroyed her.

Save all ya'alls bleeding heart comments. I hate em and do not give a flying shyt what anyone else thinks about the subject!
Yea I had a girl w a daughter that suffered that. It's a problem here in the City w Cops killing people's dogs....but a dog only has to get you once to get your attention I don't kinder up to many dogs....

When we were at the tractor pull last weekend , Nikki was with us (naturally) and a little boy came up to us and asked if he could pet her . His whole left side was completely maimed and scarred . When he was 3 their neighbors husky /wolfhound cross decided to make him a snack, I guess he hung out at their place all the time and one day just snapped after he had his afternoon nap there .

cow pollinater":2h8qry6d said:
That tells you where society is at. They'd have been better off to shoot the suspect. That way it would have gone away in a few days because PEOPLE being shot isn't that big of a deal.
Shoot a dog, or a bear, or a lion, or a... and you're in deep SHYT because all the little city dwellers who have never been face to face with anything anywhere near that situation got their feelings hurt because they don't understand why it had to happen... It's gotten to the point here where I'd be better off driving into the next town and shooting a gang banger than I would to put down my own dog.

Hypocrisy is the only consistency in our culture, same droves of people you are talking about will line up at the drop of a hat to march for women's rights, but will be the first ones to scream about a pregnant bitch being spayed.

I think you have to give the benefit of the doubt to the officer in this circumstance, until otherwise proven and understand that a big dog with intent to harm is a serious threat. But, I have a hard time with some events I've come across. A few months back, a lady lost her dog to a police officer that was in the dog's back yard, to gain access to the neighbors house and yard. He really had not business in the dog's backyard and didn't give the owner opportunity to restrain the dog. That is harder to swallow. And I wouldn't have a problem if one of mine were shot for acting aggressive and weren't confined.

In regards to breeds, there are several I wouldn't own or even mixes of them. It's hard to breed an instinct into a dog for generations and then ask them not to act on it. I don't like little kids playing with any dog, especially a big dog alone until they are at least 4 or more. Some times crying or other behavior can set off a prey instinct like a coyote on a rabbit call. I don't want to see that in my house. There are so many dogs put down in this country every day, I don't know why more bad one's aren't replaced because of temperament before there is a problem. I understand having guard dogs, but some of the best aren't mean, they are just loud, loyal and protective. There is a difference. Both would confront an unknown officer suddenly in the back yard, but the latter wouldn't hurt a child.

skyhightree1":2dbkttw2 said:
B&M Farms":2dbkttw2 said:

The only idiot I saw out of the whole thing was the dogs owner who should have cut his music down and quit trying to be a smart arse... If its attention he wanted he got all he can handle now. Its hard enough to do police work without having some jerk being a public nuisance while you have a serious situation going on. I bet you next time he will think twice about being a D head.
They probably shoulda just shot him.
wcae.jpg

Or crashed into his vehicle.
1emh.jpg

d51e.jpg

LAPD agreed to pay $40,000 to the newspaper ladies ONLY on the condition that LAPD would admit NO WRONGDOING in the event.
Sorry, you'll get no sympathy from me--the officers volunteered for the job and all that comes with it, just as I did when I pinned on that emblem that is my avatar. I didn't whine about the risks that I KNEW up front came with the job.
It's what they get paid for, and believe me, I suspect they get paid a heck of a lot more than the $108/mo base pay and $55 hazardous duty pay per month I got for being shot at almost every single day.

skyhightree1":23taoh2y said:
B&M Farms":23taoh2y said:

Sky, you're assuming the music was coming from his car, may have been coming from the guys filming the video or a near by house. Cops should have ignored the guy with the dog, he did nothing illegal. He put his dog in the car and went to the cops when called, the cops mugged him and the dog reacted to the attack then the cops over reacted as they often do.

I am in no way defending dog attacks, I also know someone who was mauled by a dobi as a young boy.

Lets do a poll here and see how many people know of some one who has been bit by a Pitt... not heard about it on the news. Then lets see how many people have been bit by or know some one who has been bit by another breed.

The fact is as long as we have dogs in our society, no matter the breed, there will be cases of people being bit. As long as we have cattle there will be people run over or killed also. In most of these instances where these people are going in to back yards they don't belong in it could have been avoided. 3 yr old wonders in to back yard and gets killed. They hang the dog and give the parents more govt assisance.

I got bit by freakin Austrailian Shepard the other day. The dogs is super human agressive and should be put down.

Okay Brute i'll start your poll for you.

Rott came after me in my own backyard(he is no longer available to attack other folks)
Bit by 2 different German Shepards(@ the age of 6 playing on a kids merry go round and once at 19 while petting my Grandmothers Sheppard who i thought was my buddy)
Bit by a chow twice. Unprovoked
My Mom was bit by a German Shepard( riding a bicycle and minding her own business)
Niece had her face shredded by a Doby(her own dog) She was 3 or 4
Chow bit my oldest son.

No pitts cuz there have been very few around where we live. BTW I should have added Chows to that list. I like to look at them but they are a breed of a$$holes

and just for Brute, one of my cow manages Border collies is a bad actor and has bit me once and tried another time. He no longer gets an opportunity cuz i do not turn my back on him!

Chow twice (different dogs 40 years apart). I'v been severely licked by a number of Rotts and Pitts.

If ever a dog on my place no mater the breed or reason bights a kid he is history period!

Cal

Sky, you're assuming the music was coming from his car, may have been coming from the guys filming the video or a near by house. Cops should have ignored the guy with the dog, he did nothing illegal. He put his dog in the car and went to the cops when called, the cops mugged him and the dog reacted to the attack then the cops over reacted as they often do.
quote]

Alan read all the reports and articles on this case.. well you dont have too I will post a clip of it for you. The actions he made are hindering an investigation and or obstructing justice or something similar depending on your locality. In other works leave the police alone while they are doing there job had he just been video taping there would have been no issue. Speaking from experience you do not want any distraction in a serious situation because those 5 seconds you are distracted can be life and death.

Rosby is then seen talking to a pair of police officers in the distance.

Hawthorne Police Lt Scott Swain said that officers were warning Rosby to turn down the music in his car.

'It's distracting the officers. It's interfering with what they are able to hear,' Lt Swain said. 'It's not just a party call. It's an armed robbery call. The officers need to hear what's going on with the people being called out of the residence. That music in his car is bleeding over and it's distracting them.'

A neighbor who witnessed the event said they heard Rosby yell 'It's my (expletive) radio!' to officers.

But Rosby said that didn't happen because as a Christian he doesn't swear.

'I do apologize if I didn't immediately comply,' Rosby said. 'The music may have been a little loud but I was complying.'

6 months ago in Austin cops got called to a disturbance and a fellow sitting in his yard with a chain link fence had his dog shot and killed after the cop came through the gate and a little dog( seems like it was a pit bull ran toward him barking. Ended up they were at the wrong address.....:(.

I've never been bitten by a Husky, but then again, I have never been anywhere close to one, which is also true of most people in regards to Pit bulls. Never been bit by a cougar, a black mamba or a cobra either--for the same reasons. People tend to stay far away from things that bite.

I've had Pitts my whole life. Ive also had $20k grand hunting retriever champion labs. By far the most loyal breed of dog is the American Pit. You encourage them to do bad- they'll do bad. You reward them for good, they'll do good!

I saw this video a week ago and I have to say I was boiling by the end of it. Those sorry ass pigs should have minded their own business and the situation would have never arose! This is freedom of press- that man had every right to be standing their videoing just like he did. The dog was defending g his owner against the terrorist in blue. Your lab/collie/heeler would have sit there as their owner was continually harassed and drug off. The man showed a lot of composure though as-handcuffed- I'da put my forehead through the gunmans temple for shooting my dog. Hopefully the bacon is working 3rd shift at Arby's next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts