Police killed a dog

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rowdy":1294idjk said:
I've had Pitts my whole life. Ive also had $20k grand hunting retriever champion labs. By far the most loyal breed of dog is the American Pit. You encourage them to do bad- they'll do bad. You reward them for good, they'll do good!

I saw this video a week ago and I have to say I was boiling by the end of it. Those sorry ass pigs should have minded their own business and the situation would have never arose! This is freedom of press- that man had every right to be standing their videoing just like he did. The dog was defending g his owner against the terrorist in blue. Your lab/collie/heeler would have sit there as their owner was continually harassed and drug off. The man showed a lot of composure though as-handcuffed- I'da put my forehead through the gunmans temple. Hopefully the bacon is working 3rd shift at Arby's next week.
Actually no the owner doesn't have a right to inferring the hostage scene and he refused to comply what the cops told him (turn down the loud music). This owner had a history with the police in the past. Yes the rottweiler was defending his owner but that doesn't mean it's okay to maul people who is doing their job.

Just cause its their job don't make it right. Interfere? He's 60yrds away!! Those three Barney's were just standing there shooting bs. If it was such a high intensity moment at the house, why did THREE cops stroll down the street to confront him?

You only have to comply if you're committing an offense. Other than identifying myself, I have no obligation to even acknowledge them. The boys in blue have WAY TOO MUCH autonomy for their education level.

Rowdy":3ltdnu30 said:
Just cause its their job don't make it right. Interfere? He's 60yrds away!! Those three Barney's were just standing there shooting bs. If it was such a high intensity moment at the house, why did THREE cops stroll down the street to confront him?

You only have to comply if you're committing an offense. Other than identifying myself, I have no obligation to even acknowledge them. The boys in blue have WAY TOO MUCH autonomy for their education level.
Read my whole statement, please. It was his radio that is being too loud and refused to take orders from the police. That is interfering the hostage scene. But I guess an attacking dog's life is more important than a person's life in the hostage scene and I guess it's okay to let a 120lbs rottweiler to maul a police before they can do anyting about it.

Police shouldn't have ever approached the man. Did they pull out the deci whatever meter to verify his music was too loud? Or did they-like most megalomaniacs do- just shoot from the hip? As they approached the man, Who were they protecting? Who were they serving? This should be the guiding principle governing their actions.

Rowdy":3w3ic2r8 said:
Police shouldn't have ever approached the man. Did they pull out the deci whatever meter to verify his music was too loud? Or did they-like most megalomaniacs do- just shoot from the hip? As they approached the man, Who were they protecting? Who were they serving? This should be the guiding principle governing their actions.
Maybe you should do some police work and be in their shoes. But I guess a hostage's life isn't important while an aggressive dog's life is more important.

Barney's didn't think it was very important either as THREE of them left the scene to address a class c misdemeanor down the street.

Look at the numbers already. No Pit attacks or bites. A long list of other breeds. I would be willing to bet that I am the only one on this board that has been bit. In my case the dog was injured and we were trying to work on it. Any injured animal can react like that.

I am fine if you don't want one or your city votes to pass an ordinance to not have Pits in the community... That is the citizens choice. The idea that a state or country is going to pass a whole breed ban is outrageous and will only lead to more big govt problems.

Rowdy":3jxvo0t8 said:
Barney's didn't think it was very important either as THREE of them left the scene to address a class c misdemeanor down the street.
So it's okay to have a loud music to interfering the hostage scene.

Brute 23":3lxw2lj7 said:
Look at the numbers already. No Pit attacks or bites. A long list of other breeds. I would be willing to bet that I am the only one on this board that has been bit. In my case the dog was injured and we were trying to work on it. Any injured animal can react like that.

I am fine if you don't want one or your city votes to pass an ordinance to not have Pits in the community... That is the citizens choice. The idea that a state or country is going to pass a whole breed ban is outrageous and will only lead to more big govt problems.
I think most of us don't encounter the pitbulls very often and I don't think I ever seen a pitbull out in the agriculture country.

Taurus":21ph7f0q said:
Rowdy":21ph7f0q said:
Maybe you should do some police work and be in their shoes. But I guess a hostage's life isn't important while an aggressive dog's life is more important.

Taurus you cant argue with stupidity you will never win... apparently Rowdy is in lala land and doesn't have a clue. Rowdy also stated 3 cops strolled down there it was actually 2 on the sidewalk and one came from the street...so apparently based on that we know he can't see... Rowdy also stated hes like 60 yards away which is 180 feet away which in any locality in the us im sure that is well over the noise pollution limit and hmm... 60 yards away and I hear your music while trying to handle a serious situation... THATS A PROBLEM just like your comprehension skills Rowdy. If as you stated a officer can hear the music 60 yards away then did you ever think that the hostake taker may miss something a officer is saying to him and the situation go sour real quick? I tell you what Rowdy I bet if it was your family member that was a hostage you wouldnt want any distractions.

Taurus":1cvyqqku said:
Rowdy":1cvyqqku said:

Read my whole statement, please. It was his radio that is being too loud and refused to take orders from the police. That is interfering the hostage scene. But I guess an attacking dog's life is more important than a person's life in the hostage scene and I guess it's okay to let a 120lbs rottweiler to maul a police before they can do anyting about it.
Dang good think it didn't happen near an airport or helipad--I'd hate to read the FAA report of root cause of failure being turbine blade failure due to bullet impact. Hopefully, Barney wouldn't shoot the pilots.

My mother kept every letter I ever wrote home from overseas, and I recently re-read them all (boy--did I write some goofy stuff back then).
Never once, did I complain to mommy and daddy that the noise of the helo engines or the gu nfire from the other doorgunner was too loud for to be able to concentrate. Never once did I ask the pilots to slow the engines down so I could more easily concentrate on the job I willingly agreed to do and was paid to do.
(yeah--I've already waLked a few thousand miles in "their" shoes--and then some--and never whinned or expected the surrounding people to do my bidding just because I wore a uniform

Fire all police - hire back half as many and mandate they have law degrees- pay them twice as much.

Dinwiddle, Virginia... calling me stupid. Now there's some humor for the day.

I feel the dog is dead because the owner was not following the law. Around public places the dog needs to be on a leash, and in most public places there are leash laws. If anybody shoots one of my dogs in my yard they better be prepared to met their maker. With that being said if one of my dogs bites someone in my yard they had better have a good reason or their dead. In public places all dogs should be on a leash. My wife almost lost an eye to a cocker spaniel, and she was at the beach doing her own thing. We gave the dogs owner a choice, either have the dog put down or face a lawsuit. A good dog is a man's best friend.

greybeard":2edmp60y said:
Taurus":2edmp60y said:
Rowdy":2edmp60y said:

Dang good think it didn't happen near an airport or helipad--I'd hate to read the FAA report of root cause of failure being turbine blade failure due to bullet impact. Hopefully, Barney wouldn't shoot the pilots.

My mother kept every letter I ever wrote home from overseas, and I recently re-read them all (boy--did I write some goofy stuff back then).
Never once, did I complain to mommy and daddy that the noise of the helo engines or the gu nfire from the other doorgunner was too loud for to be able to concentrate. Never once did I ask the pilots to slow the engines down so I could more easily concentrate on the job I willingly agreed to do and was paid to do.
(yeah--I've already waLked a few thousand miles in "their" shoes--and then some--and never whinned or expected the surrounding people to do my bidding just because I wore a uniform

Grey compare apples to apples.. thats apples to oranges.. for one law enforcements job is to control nuisance noise in which music is classified as such... If I wanted to hear your music I would buy the cd or ask to ride with you... Being in the military that is part of the job and you do not enforce noise violations .. I normally agree with most of what you say grey but that was a great leap outside of realistic comparisons. :shock:

Rowdy":rlvbkgs2 said:
Dinwiddle, Virginia... calling me stupid. Now there's some humor for the day.

Rowdy prety funny you mention where I am from but you are too scared to list your location out there in inbredville, usa you should be proud of your inbred community... :tiphat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts