Police killed a dog

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taurus

Reaction score
I just saw the news and the petitions on Facebook about Hawthorne police killed Leon Rosby's rottweiler. Every petitions are about get justice for the dog that the police killed. I dont know if I should post the video on here but I would think that it's a right call for the police to shot an aggressive dog..your thoughts?

I've seen the video several times and it's clear to me that the dog was going for a bite. The officer had every right to shoot.

Taurus":3i6tywan said:
I just saw the news and the petitions on Facebook about Hawthorne police killed Leon Rosby's rottweiler. Every petitions are about get justice for the dog that the police killed. I dont know if I should post the video on here but I would think that it's a right call for the police to shot an aggressive dog..your thoughts?
i aint even a police.. but a rottweiler coming at me is automatically in danger if im heeled

slick4591":t5dg75qe said:
I've seen the video several times and it's clear to me that the dog was going for a bite. The officer had every right to shoot.
is there a place i can see the video without giving details of my life

personally when I was in L.E. we served warrants for drugs and one of those cases we served had some pitbulls when we breached the front door one of the deputies was greeted by a huge pit that he quickly had to fire upon and killed the dog. In these situations you gotta follow the protocol your department has in place. I did not have to do that during my tour but it happens alot more than you hear about.

slick4591":3lr47iiw said:
Well majority of people don't think that way..I would shot the dog if I was in the cop's shoes.

Rotts, Pits,Dobermans and German Shepards............good for one thing and that is hurting people......I would shoot em all given the chance.

Saw my niece get her face shredded by her own dog for absolutely no reason when she was 3 or 4 years old. Doberman male a year old woke up from a nap and turned around and destroyed her.

Save all ya'alls bleeding heart comments. I hate em and do not give a flying shyt what anyone else thinks about the subject!

3waycross":2ejg4vul said:
Rotts, Pits,Dobermans and German Shepards............good for one thing and that is hurting people......I would shoot em all given the chance.

Saw my niece get her face shredded by her own dog for absolutely no reason when she was 3 or 4 years old. Doberman male a year old woke up from a nap and turned around and destroyed her.

Save all ya'alls bleeding heart comments. I hate em and do not give a flying shyt what anyone else thinks about the subject!
Only exception I have to that is the Germans shepards. Most heelers are more aggressive. Otherwise :clap: :clap: :clap:

That tells you where society is at. They'd have been better off to shoot the suspect. That way it would have gone away in a few days because PEOPLE being shot isn't that big of a deal.
Shoot a dog, or a bear, or a lion, or a... and you're in deep SHYT because all the little city dwellers who have never been face to face with anything anywhere near that situation got their feelings hurt because they don't understand why it had to happen... It's gotten to the point here where I'd be better off driving into the next town and shooting a gang banger than I would to put down my own dog.

cow pollinater":1gax9er5 said:
That tells you where society is at. They'd have been better off to shoot the suspect. That way it would have gone away in a few days because PEOPLE being shot isn't that big of a deal.
Shoot a dog, or a bear, or a lion, or a... and you're in deep SHYT because all the little city dwellers who have never been face to face with anything anywhere near that situation got their feelings hurt because they don't understand why it had to happen... It's gotten to the point here where I'd be better off driving into the next town and shooting a gang banger than I would to put down my own dog.
Tell that to zimmerman

I couldn't see the video but it gets seriously abused. There was a case a while back where a cop went to check on some thing at a house. Owners were not there. He went in the back yard and of course the dog started barking and stuff. He shot it.

Another one there was a guy videoing cops making an arrest. They went up and started harassing him. When they got the guy out to arrest him his dog got out of the car. They shot it also. Again, leave the guy alone and the dog would not have been killed.

Its that same double standard again. You shoot a police dog and they hang you in the town square. They shoot your dog and its "oh well".

Brute 23":2kdscmea said:
Another one there was a guy videoing cops making an arrest. They went up and started harassing him. When they got the guy out to arrest him his dog got out of the car. They shot it also. Again, leave the guy alone and the dog would not have been killed.

Its that same double standard again. You shoot a police dog and they hang you in the town square. They shoot your dog and its "oh well".
:bs:

Brute he had loud music coming from his car which atleast here is a noise pollution ticket if it can be heard over 50 feet and it looked like the police were over 50 feet away and if they told him turn it down and he didnt while they are performing an investigation thats obstruction or atleast here it is. If you leave your window down while being an A.H. and your dog gets out and is being aggressive thats what you get. I would have shot it soon as it ran towards me they showed restraint and was justified. I am glad it was on tape so they could show exactly what happened. The part of going in someones back yard I don't know all the circumstances so I can't speak on that.

skyhightree1":3u80ece3 said:
Brute 23":3u80ece3 said:

Brute he had loud music coming from his car which atleast here is a noise pollution ticket if it can be heard over 50 feet and it looked like the police were over 50 feet away and if they told him turn it down and he didnt while they are performing an investigation thats obstruction or atleast here it is. If you leave your window down while being an A.H. and your dog gets out and is being aggressive thats what you get. I would have shot it soon as it ran towards me they showed restraint and was justified. I am glad it was on tape so they could show exactly what happened. The part of going in someones back yard I don't know all the circumstances so I can't speak on that.

I don't know about the one you are talking about.

We were having a problem with a dog getting off its chain in our neighborhood. We called the local sheriff's dept multiple times. They said they could not mess with the dog. We asked them to write the people a citation for having a loose dog. They refused. Finally they said just to shoot it the next time it was on our property. That is VERY illegal aside from the fact we live in a neighborhood. It is NOT legal to just shoot a dog because its on your property. When I called him out on that and asked him to put it in writing for me he got irrate. Again, it goes to the stupidity of these officers.

You better know your rights when dealing with these cops now days. They are not the cream of the crop. I have a whole new view after some experiences I have had. Guess I know how black people feel now.

3waycross":qu18szyv said:

I couldn't agree more. I have always said it was silly to even own one. Not that an old soup hound wouldn't do the same thing. It just seems like your flirting with disaster by having one on your premises.

Brute 23":2u1ur9m4 said:
skyhightree1":2u1ur9m4 said:
Brute 23":2u1ur9m4 said:

I don't know about the one you are talking about.

We were having a problem with a dog getting off its chain in our neighborhood. We called the local sheriff's dept multiple times. They said they could not mess with the dog. We asked them to write the people a citation for having a loose dog. They refused. Finally they said just to shoot it the next time it was on our property. That is VERY illegal aside from the fact we live in a neighborhood. It is NOT legal to just shoot a dog because its on your property. When I called him out on that and asked him to put it in writing for me he got irrate. Again, it goes to the stupidity of these officers.

You better know your rights when dealing with these cops now days. They are not the cream of the crop. I have a whole new view after some experiences I have had. Guess I know how black people feel now.

Brute I am speaking of the recent dog killed that this board was speaking of. Dogs here have roaming rights and can be on your property unless they cause a major problem you better not shoot them. I personally think as a citizen you should learn your rights and know them so that way you can't get taken advantage of. I personally have in total 4 years of L.E. experience and am well versed with the laws of my locality as well as my state. Its just as some have said before you have good cops bad cops.. good neighbors bad neighbors... Good farmers bad farmers.. Good food Bad food you get the point...

Bigfoot":149ugqv3 said:
3waycross":149ugqv3 said:

I couldn't agree more. I have always said it was silly to even own one. Not that an old soup hound wouldn't do the same thing. It just seems like your flirting with disaster by having one on your premises.

I am going to get 2 Rott's for home. I plan on having them just be around people that should be in my house and when other people including friends come over put them up and not allow anyone but us to have contact with them. They will stay in the house when I am out of town working and in the yard when I am home. I have a gate that you need to be either let in from the house or hit the code for the gate to open up... I don't like people having free reign to drive in my place lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts