The end of high speed police chases?

Help Support CattleToday:

Seems like an expensive solution to a problem that can be dealt with similarly with technology already in place on most vehicles made in the last 15 years. I'm no IT expert, but as an example vehicles with On Star or any on board computer necessarily have an IP address. Technology exist to identify and track. Sounds like a way to spend more tax dollars. EMP is another way to shut them down.

We just had three innocent people killed in my town because of a high speed chase that went for nearly 30 miles and ended in my town. The police took it personal because this was the second attempt to catch the guy. They put out the spike strips right before an intersection of a state highway but didn't bother to stop traffic on the state highway so when the pickup hit spikes at 90 mph there was no way for him to stop and he hit a family who were celebrating a birthday killing 3 of the 4 people in the car. It was a miracle that the fourth survived because this person was thrown in the air over a hundred feet and came to rest on the radiator of the truck with all her clothes on and only one noticeable cut on her arm but plenty of internal injuries. Why they didn't stop traffic when they had two police cars at the intersection is puzzling. Why they just didn't take the meth head out with a rifle while on the country road surrounded by fields is another question I don't understand. He77, they could have put a bullet through the radiator or the engine block. When one of the officers was asked why they didn't do this his reply was this would have violated his 4th amendment right. :???: What's also puzzling is we have a no chase law in our town but I guess this law doesn't apply to them or the police since they all have cattle guards on their vehicles so they can do the pit maneuver.

Sometimes you just have to just wonder. But I have to say, at least the cattle guards and the neat stuff looks cool!

Latest posts