Pics of my new girls

Help Support CattleToday:

C HOLLAND

Reaction score
91CharHeifer.jpg

Limflexand2PBCharHeifers.jpg

YellowGirl.jpg

My first try at posting pics, I hope it works.

3 of my PB Charolais and my Lim/Angus cross heifers, The Blk heifer is 3/4 angus and 1/4 lim, yellow girl is 1/2 lim and 1/4 angus 1/4 hereford

Tell me what you think, but I like them all :)

Nice Char heifers!
I have a beagle too. I found mine out on the farm in Fayette county heavie preggie. The previous owner made two mistakes...no ID on the collar for me to call and taking a really heavy bred dog on a coon hunt (assuming he just didn't dump it in the woods). Of course I was looking forward to making some money selling straight bred beagle puppies; then when they were born they looked like half Rottweilers and one nondescript yellow hound-dog.

I like them all. To me they don't have to be black to be a good cow.

Thanks, I plan to have lots of color in my pastures, I want red angus and red simmental and Charolais and I may have a couple Buelingo's before long. and my brother has bought 2 Watusies how is that for a mixture.

I like all but the black one and the white faced one. They look finer boned, poorer doing and all around like something that should be feeder calves.

Jake, If I understood you, ??? you didnt like the angus lim crosses

I agree they dont look as good as the chars, but that was a few weeks back and they are really catching up now, I dont think they were taken care of as well as the chars.

The chars all average around 875-900 and the other 2 are about 800 each they are all 13-14 months old and I will breed them in the next 45 days.

C HOLLAND":3jab6o7t said:
Jake, If I understood you, ??? you didnt like the angus lim crosses

I agree they dont look as good as the chars, but that was a few weeks back and they are really catching up now, I dont think they were taken care of as well as the chars.

The chars all average around 875-900 and the other 2 are about 800 each they are all 13-14 months old and I will breed them in the next 45 days.

Correct I don't like them but that is a personal opinion. Structure isn't something that is changed with feed usually. Fine boned cattle are fine boned no matter what and that's what I see in those two heifers. The Chars are nice and will make good cows, but the others are POS's plain and simple. I'm not going to get into the Limi fight again cuz WeWild may chase me down with the switch. ;-)

I appreciate your comments, My wife and I were discussing putting the blk heifer in the freezer in a few months. I think the white faced one will make a good cow, but that is my opinion only, but time will tell.

The black doesn't look very good at all but that is a very poor picture (even on a 19" monitor) to be making any judgements from. I don't buy the old fine boned versus heavy boned debate. If a brood cow has the frame, length, volume, and weight that I desire and decent structure I couldn't care less about her bone thickness or heaviness. If we are going to really discuss the black calf get us a better picture.

I agree, it would be hard to make accurate judgements from that picture. post a closer one if you have one.

Nice Charlois that will raise some great smokey calves!

I would eat the white face and sell the black to a dairy farmer - - she looks like a Holstein/Jersey cross in this picture.

C HOLLAND":1356m4zv said:
Thanks, I plan to have lots of color in my pastures, I want red angus and red simmental and Charolais and I may have a couple Buelingo's before long. and my brother has bought 2 Watusies how is that for a mixture.
Query: Are you "planning lots of color in your pastures" - or - lots of "red" in your bank account?

DOC HARRIS

Doc, GOOD POINT and I was just messing around about such a mixture, but I dont think that red angus or red simmental = RED in a bank account. The quality of cattle will bring a good price and poor quality in any color will bring RED in the bank account.

I will be raising PB Charolais and commercial angus and sim-angus cross and if the mkt didn't dock me for the Buelingo cattle, I would have a field full of them.

Doc, what type of cattle do you raise.

Latest posts