pics of my black cow

Help Support CattleToday:

brownmule

Reaction score
here is ebany enjoying what is left of the eveing sun,she has grown alot since i got her in the spring her little horns was just tips sticking out in april. she's my pick next to my bull..
IM001021.jpg

ok one more,, grayson the baby born in july wow does he have a really bad hair day all the time..LOL i think hes got little horns starting too but cant get my hands on him..lol
IM001030.jpg

Rose

WOW! What breed are they? They had something that looked like they white bull calf come through the sale barn a couple years ago. Two head and they couldn't get a bid on them. Too unique I guess? Very pretty cattle.

Dee":wjw11ajt said:
WOW! What breed are they? They had something that looked like they white bull calf come through the sale barn a couple years ago. Two head and they couldn't get a bid on them. Too unique I guess? Very pretty cattle.

I'm not brownmule but I just want to say that they are Highland cattle.

Nice cattle by the way brownmule :)

Dee":lljke5me said:

they are Highland Cattle originally from Scotland, it is cold there in the winter, and they were bread for the long coat so as to keep them warm in the snowy months up on the Mountains of the Highlands. They are also realy nice looking in a brown coat, it is the colour of Milk Chocolate.

yeah the highlands are not your average cow..and would not get good price at the sale barn, but they are realy nice cattle, easy keepers,, they have helped clear alot of brush on my field. we are rasing them for meat,and to sell some prvietly.. wanted to get a few more cows this fall but hay would get short im afraid, so maybe in the spring.. they are very laid back.easy to handle. we love them..ppl around here call them Rose's hippie cows LOL :lol:

Brownmule, Nice looking animals. Did you breed you,re cows back yet?Did you buy a bull? I,m expecting my first calves out of my bull in a couple weeks. :D

mine were a little stand offish when i first got them, but nothing crazy. now its hard to get a pic of my ol momma cow cause she think the little box must be a cookie or somthing.. she gets closer and closer..i end up getting one big hairy nostril in the pic lol
i have a young bull hes 2 1/2 yrs now..my black heifer was in heat this summer but not for long. dawg sniffed around her but not sure she got breed. not sure my bull is old enough to know what its about yet. i guess well see this spring. i havent seen her acting like shes in heat, i dont live there on the farm i have good firends that do [we farm togeather]and feed for me in winter and tend them.. im down there alot,but not 24-7 its about 2 miles from my house. i sure hope we got babies on the way some time. id sure hate if my bull was a dud! here is a pic of him
IM001028.jpg

RAWCJW":2vh4i5rd said:
Brownmule, Nice looking animals. Did you breed you,re cows back yet?Did you buy a bull? I,m expecting my first calves out of my bull in a couple weeks. :D
oh good! i'll be waiting for pics best of luck...how old is your bull? rose

I never seen cows wearin toupees! Those are so cool lookin! You could put curlers in their bangs! I love it! Nice! :)

My bull is just over 3 He's on the breeds board under the bull post. I wouldn't worry about you're bull at 2 1/2 mine was trying to breed everything.He sure made the steer nervous :D .
ButI have a heifer that didn't cycle until 2 1/2 She was thin when I bought her,I'm assuming that had something to do with it. Live and Learn. It is to bad you're not closer there is a man in southern missouri that is selling out his highlands(50 head). If he doesn't sell them by nov 6 he is taking them to his local salebarn. We all know how that will go :cry: I wish I had more land.

RAWCJW":3ee7x644 said:
It is to bad you're not closer there is a man in southern missouri that is selling out his highlands(50 head). If he doesn't sell them by nov 6 he is taking them to his local salebarn. We all know how that will go :cry: I wish I had more land.

Where is his local salebarn?

dun

I just love your pictures. I love the look of Highlands, the babies especially are just so cute. I miss the purebreds. We only have two old cows left:

This picture was taken this summer:
Sac.jpg

This one is a full sister to the other and was taken last winter:
PWinSnow.jpg

victoria, thanks for puting up your pics of highlands, the one in the summer is really great{well both are} but the back ground is quite a veiw.. beautifull country up there... its funny you never have a problem taking pics of them. they seem to be hams when it comes to taking pics of them LOL Rose

Dun, Sorry for the late reply I've been gone all weekend. The man with the Highlands is from Seymour, Mo. The email I received said whatever he doesn't sell by nov 6 will go to springfield the following thurs.I'm surprised he doesn't take them to Macon's exotic sale they usually bring pretty good money there.The email said he has 45 registered and unregistered. I can give you his name and number if you want.

Joplin has a sale on thursdays, thought springfield only had them on mon-tue and wed. Is it going to be a special sale?

dun

Latest posts