Pic of our head guy

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
I had taken the camera with me to the pasture and took a photo of our head herd bull IC MR Magic W42. He'll turn 4 yrs. 9/17/13 and is a Triple C Invasion x Triple C Miss Wisconsin son that I purchased out of a Bulls of the Bluegrass Sale from Indian Creek Simmentals. Anyhow here's a pic!

I think what ALA is trying to say is he needs to be "steered" in the right direction for a better picture. :lol:

Thanks, Alacowman. I paid more than I wanted to at the time, but the calves come the right size and grow well better than I originally thought they would. Have had some really nice females sired out of him.

midtncattle, I've never raised any Charolais, but our red simmi's fall right in the same pen with them at the sale auction. Generally from what I've seen the Simmental is a little shorter in the frame or leg but thicker across the back and a little more depth. Biggest difference I have seen is better dispositions, and a darker calf. I would think the Black Simmental birth weights are smaller, but again I haven't raised any Charolais. I know this guy has really shocked me a bit on his bw's, I've had 60 to low 70 lb bulls, but they really grow. His calves has lower bw's than our high CE Dream On son did.

Glacierridge, I only took 1 pic of him real quick but if I take the camera back with me to the pasture I'll get you a rump shot.

That is a good looking muscular bull with a pretty switch of hair on his tail. The Angus bulls don't have that.
I think he must have picture of James Brown taped up beside his mirror when he fixes his hair in the mornings. He just about has it down pat!

Glacierridge, He isn't as friendly as my Dream On son was, where I could go hand feed him, pat, scratch or rub him. This one likes to not be bothered. I can get in the close quarters with him and he's fine and friendly ( not aggressive or mean ) he does alright in the head gate during vaccinations. He just isn't fond of human touching or close up human scent. If I try to hand feed him he'll just snort or do a little blow and slightly nod his head telling me to not bother, lol. Therefore, he does his job and I do mine.

DOC HARRIS":3cp5rzrr said:
sim.-ang.king":3cp5rzrr said:
I like him, diffidently has the dream on look.
-Your comment here escapes me - completely. Could you clarify your impressions a little more clearly?

DOC HARRIS
I have a dream on grandson, and a friend of mine have a Dream on son, and they are about identical to this bull in leg structure, and the way the shoulder is built with the short wide neck.

If he was red I would be wondering about if flyingL stole my bull.

Actually Sim.-Ang.King, he is a Invasion son I was making comparison's with my Dream On son I previously owned. We sold the Dream On son this last year and the Invasion son is the main herd bull now. But your right Dream On descendants look a lot alike. Sorry for any confusion.

FlyingLSimmentals":2i151s2z said:
Actually Sim.-Ang.King, he is a Invasion son I was making comparison's with my Dream On son I previously owned. We sold the Dream On son this last year and the Invasion son is the main herd bull now. But your right Dream On descendants look a lot alike. Sorry for any confusion.
Well I must of read it wrong, but they still look identical to the dream on sons. Which is a good thing I guess, means that simmental is still staying consistent even with lots of breeding up, mixing going on. Something that some say won't happen with crossbreeding.

Latest posts