PETA's new Save the Worms campaign

Help Support CattleToday:

dcara

Reaction score
This just in from Drovers

If high petroleum prices have you searching for ways to relieve the stress, even that, apparently, will become more expensive — thanks to rising corn prices. Mexican farmers are destroying fields of blue agave, the cactus-like plant used to make tequila, and planting their fields to corn as ethanol demand drives prices higher. Mexican officials predict farmers will plant between 25 and 35 percent fewer acres of agave this year, which will contribute to a declining supply of agave in coming years. (We expect a statement from PETA soon, rejoicing in the fact that fewer Mexican worms will suffer at the bottom of a bottle of tequila.) — G.H.

I heard of this agave destruction too late, I'm afraid.
I'd have formed an investors group, built an ethanol plant, and distilled that biomass (agave).
You've tasted oil (probably siphoning gas from your buddys pickup along the road). You've tasted Tequila. Granted, there isn't a lot of difference.
BUT, I have a slogan. "Make you motor hummm. And giggle. And THINK it has a turbocharger."
We'd have sold the heck out of it. Free salt with every fillup. $5 for a lime inside the convenience store.
Another great idea down the drain.

john250":352mknkr said:
I heard of this agave destruction too late, I'm afraid.
I'd have formed an investors group, built an ethanol plant, and distilled that biomass (agave).
You've tasted oil (probably siphoning gas from your buddys pickup along the road). You've tasted Tequila. Granted, there isn't a lot of difference.
BUT, I have a slogan. "Make you motor hummm. And giggle. And THINK it has a turbocharger."
We'd have sold the heck out of it. Free salt with every fillup. $5 for a lime inside the convenience store.
Another great idea down the drain.
:banana: :drink: :clap:

Latest posts