Peevish Grammer and Spelling

Help Support CattleToday:

The dog breed "Blue Healer" :mad: Dadgummit,it's Heeler in that the dog goes for the animals heels,it doesn't break out a medical kit!! :lol:

aplusmnt":3o9iaqns said:
Only thing that really bothers me on reading threads is if someone types in all Caps or they type one long paragraph with no break, it is hard for my mind to stay focused reading either of those two.

O yea and the fact that dun is not Dun :lol:

ps. help for those of us that can not spell well, download the Google bar and it has a spell check option for anything that you type in your browser. Works much like the spell check on Microsoft Word.

Plus you have a Google search window all the time on your toolbar that comes in real handy.

Also has a pop up blocker that keeps those nasty pop ups away.

http://toolbar.google.com/T4/?utm_campa ... brand=GZAZ

the google toolbar is a virus or spam to many antivirus programs. can't always be used.

on the main topic, i like to think i know how to spell, but in all honesty i can't spell any better than the next person and i passed english with honors, also. as you can see, i like commas. :lol:

my two biggest peeves are probably the incorrect spelling of the word "Y'all" and when people spell oops "opps"
ARGH, that one makes me want to punch something.

conformation and confirmation. Seems we get it wrong more often than we get it right.

effect and affect still occasionally boggle my mind.

no periods.

usernametaken":2qwpo0k2 said:
conformation and confirmation. Seems we get it wrong more often than we get it right.

effect and affect still occasionally boggle my mind.

no periods.

I keep them straight like this......an affect (verb) makes and effect (noun).

Txwalt":23kfbfu3 said:
aplusmnt":23kfbfu3 said:
VanC":23kfbfu3 said:
Not to mention heard and herd.

I herd that! ;-)

opps! :lol:

:lol: :lol: Maybe we should combine all these and send them to all the English teachers so they know where to concentrate. Can you imagine having to learn this language as an adult. It really deviates from logic sometimes. They tell me Spanish, French and Italian are much easier. ;-)

usernametaken":2u6m6b1g said:
Txwalt":2u6m6b1g said:
aplusmnt":2u6m6b1g said:
VanC":2u6m6b1g said:
Not to mention heard and herd.

I herd that! ;-)

opps! :lol:

:lol: :lol: Maybe we should combine all these and send them to all the English teachers so they know where to concentrate. Can you imagine having to learn this language as an adult. It really deviates from logic sometimes. They tell me Spanish, French and Italian are much easier. ;-)

I hope they are, because the way things are going we will be discussing proper Spanish in a few years on here :mad:

chrisy":3o1c2e1q said:
Yes but even with a 'Thesaurus' not everyone knows how to cross reference, and use the words properly when found.

I thought Thesaurusus died out millions of years ago....

Latest posts