Our mates in trouble

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian

Reaction score
Northern New England Region, Tenterfield NSW Austr
Our good mates in New Zealand have suffered severe devastation in Christchurch following a mongrel earthquake earlier today. Our hearts go out to our good friends. They are often thought of as a state of Australia and New Zealand thinks we are a state of theirs. 6 months since the last quake. The reason the loss of life was the time of day. The quake 6 months ago happened early in the morning and a much deeper one whereas this one was very much shallower and in the middle of the day. 65 dead so far with many more buried.
Our prayers to all our mates.

My boss told me about this at evening milking - a shock for sure, after the previous one had such minor human impact.
There was a great deal of damage done to farmland and buildings last time.

Boy- this year in all parts of the world Old Ma Nature is sure reminding us of who is the boss...
Up here we keep hoping her and Old Man Winter could make up-- and keep him from being so grumpy!! ;-)

My thoughts and prayers go out to those New Zealand folks.....

Oldtimer":6hux9vif said:
Boy- this year in all parts of the world Old Ma Nature is sure reminding us of who is the boss...
Up here we keep hoping her and Old Man Winter could make up-- and keep him from being so grumpy!! ;-)

My thoughts and prayers go out to those New Zealand folks.....
Oldtimer you have said almost the same as I said to my Son today, I also said flippantly 'perhaps Armageddon is upon us'.

God Bless all those caught up in the earthquack and that those trapped all come out alive and well.

New Zealand has had amazing support and help from throughout the world with teams of Search and Rescue personnel, police and service people arriving over the past 3 days.
We live on the other Island from Christchurch and although it was felt up here, I wasn't one of them who did! We are not diectly involved, however my daughter is on standby to go and help with Victim identification as she is a dentist with interest in Forensics. She spent 2 weeks in Melbourne doing that same task after the horrendous bush fires in Victoria.

113 bodies recovered so far and over 200 missing. The central Christchurch city is like a war zone check out photos on these sites. http://www.3news.co.nz/National/Christc ... fault.aspx

and http://news.msn.co.nz/slideshowajax/149 ... .slideshow

There is a National State of Emergency in force, our census which was due on March 8th is cancelled and many people are without power, water and sewerage and maybe for some time. Many old buildings, some of which are over 100 years old will be demolished-even some of the reasonably new buildings have completely collapsed crushing many of the occupants.

What strikes us is how quickly rescue teams from all over the world have arrived, complete with tonnes of gear. The first Australian teams were here within a few hours and just as our guys rushed over to help with the recent floods and bushfires in Australia-it is comforting to know that even though we are 1,000 kms from our nearest neighbours Australia, we can help each other out quite quickly.

One of the fortunate coincedences was there was a large military excercise due to take place and there were 1000 of our own military and navy, plus forces from Singapore already quite close. I think there was also a medical conference going on and 250 extra Doctors and nurses in Christchurch.
Thankyou for your thoughts and wishes.

I read this email today.

Why does it take so long for these items to become public?

The Moon does an 18.6 year cycle.

A super moon is a new or full moon which occurs when the moon is at 90% or greater of its closest perigee approach to the earth.

An extreme super moon is when the moon is a new moon or full moon and is at 100% or greater mean perigee (closest) distance to earth.

1955 Floods

There was an extreme super moon at full moon on November 10 1954.

Flooding occurred from October 1954 to 23 February 1955

1974 Floods(18-19 years later)

There was an extreme super moon at full moon on January 8th 1974.

3 weeks of rain up to 29 Jan 1974.

1992 floods (18-19 years later)

There was an extreme super moon at full moon on Jan 19 1992.

2011 Floods (18-19 years later).

There are super moons at full moon on 18/2/2011, 19/3/2011 and 18/4/2011.

And it is an extreme super moon on the full moon of the 19/3/2011

Is this why they are predicting 6/7 cyclones this year ????????

My thoughts and prayers are with ya'll down there. I have a soft spot for New Zealanders and Aussies. I have been all over the world and have met folks from just about every country. I have never met an Aussie or New Zealander that I did not take a liking to. Ya'll remind me so much of Americans with your similar "can do" spirit and attitude. I have always felt right at home around ya'll. I think of you as Americans with a VERY southern accent :D

Latest posts