Opinions on this bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Not at all LA.

In the last couple years, the Studs have started to open the doors to some "better" genetics for me.

I'm not interesed in fashionable, I'm interested in functional.

Studs primarily sell fashionable.

mtnman

mtnman":2vz1z6wi said:
Some Traveler, some Rito, some Emulation, some Bardoliermeres.

mtnman
Those were all fashionable. What do you do, wait until they are no longer fashionable then buy them? :lol: :lol:

You got me there, LA!!! :D :D

On top of fashionable, though, they were also proven to WORK.

That's why we use them.

mtnman

Bardoliermeres................ I thought they were extinct. Not a shot but I thought breeders had abandoned the genetics.

What breeders still use that line?

mtnman":1nsgcavi said:

In the last couple years, the Studs have started to open the doors to some "better" genetics for me.
WOW, You must be the big shot on here. Now the studs are opening their doors to some better genetics for you. WOW. And I reckon they turn the others away
I guess next thing we know the rest of us will have to clear it with you to buy the semen that we want from the Semen Sellers. mtnkid, you are really impressive.

la4angus":1kbmtck8 said:
mtnman":1kbmtck8 said:

WOW, You must be the big shot on here. Now the studs are opening their doors to some better genetics for you. WOW. And I reckon they turn the others away
I guess next thing we know the rest of us will have to clear it with you to buy the semen that we want from the Semen Sellers. mtnkid, you are really impressive.

When you and your brothers own so many cows that nobody knows how many you have; you can just call up ABS or Selectsires and tell them we went linebred Bardoliermere semen and they will go out and buy a few for you.

Way to spin it around fellas!! I have to hand it to you. You are good at it.

If you are so damn quick though, LA, at leat make the jab the first time you read the message, don't reply, then think for 4 hours and try again. I guess I must be getting under your skin ral good, huh? Took you 4 hours to come up with another good one.

I didn't say we had 7,500 cows.

I said we have fed 7,500 calves over the last 10 years.

Big difference!

How many we have is none of your business. I don't need to spread it around to make myself feel better, nor do I have to tell you so you respect my opinion more.

LA, I didn't mean it like you read it.

I simply meant that some studs are starting to carry bulls that I can actually use.

mtnman

mtnman":3blv6xog said:
How many we have is none of your business. I don't need to spread it around to make myself feel better, nor do I have to tell you so you respect my opinion more.

Just a casual observation without getin in the middle of anything...

I think you could raise 10,000 annually and he wouldn't respect your opinion any more.

I know, lakading, I know.

Angus breeders are like that.

Despite mountains of evidence to the contrary, they are convinced of their own opinion.

mtnman

lakading":cpc2gnli said:
Just a casual observation without getin in the middle of anything...

I think you could raise 10,000 annually and he wouldn't respect your opinion any more.
mtnkid, maybe you better put your spell checker to working. Is that white lightening getting to you. Where at do you raise those 16,000 cows so you can sell 7500 hd. per yr. Are Hoss and Adam still involved with the cows or do you just go to for them for advice.

LA, I didn't say we have 7,500 cows.

I said we fed 7,500 calves over the last 10 years.

mtnman

Here:

"We run a big bunch of cows on 4 different ranches aplusmnt.

Each brother runs things a little differently.

They are all our personal cows.

How many? Didn't your Daddy teach you that is an impolite question?

Enough to feed out around 7,500 in the last 10 years. Maybe that is steers, maybe that is everything. Doesn't really matter. Nobody's business but ours.

mtnman"

Here:

"Way to spin it around fellas!! I have to hand it to you. You are good at it.

If you are so be nice quick though, LA, at leat make the jab the first time you read the message, don't reply, then think for 4 hours and try again. I guess I must be getting under your skin ral good, huh? Took you 4 hours to come up with another good one.

I didn't say we had 7,500 cows.

I said we have fed 7,500 calves over the last 10 years.

Big difference!

LA, I didn't mean it like you read it.

I simply meant that some studs are starting to carry bulls that I can actually use.

mtnman"

And Here;

"LA, I didn't say we have 7,500 cows.

I said we fed 7,500 calves over the last 10 years.

mtnman"

And Here is where some of you guys jumped to your own conclusions:

Brandom2
"Yes, the Mntman has 7500 cows with his brothers (Adam, Hoss, and Little Joe) so he should have a dozen or so that are good enough for him to take digital pictures of for us to critique on the internet. He has NOT been shy at laying the lumber to everybody else's cows' phenotype and pedigrees."

LA4:
"mtnkid, maybe you better put your spell checker to working. Is that white lightening getting to you. Where at do you raise those 16,000 cows so you can sell 7500 hd. per yr. Are Hoss and Adam still involved with the cows or do you just go to for them for advice."

Is that clear enough for you LA?

One more time, just in case you missed it. I can see that you are very slow on the uptake here, LA. We do not have 7,500 cows, we have fed 7,500 head over the last 10 years.

mtnman

mtnman":xc55t2s8 said:

Despite mountains of evidence to the contrary, they are convinced of their own opinion.

mtnman

It has nothing to do with Angus breeders.

Just the fact that no matter how many or few cattle you raise, I don't think he'll change his opinion of you.

You're the one that implied that the number of cattle you raise would do that. I'm just saying it won't.

To insult ALL Angus breeders because you're arguing with ONE is just plain IDIOTIC. PERIOD.

lakading":q6zmzlpy said:
mtnman":q6zmzlpy said:

mtnman

It has nothing to do with Angus breeders.

Just the fact that no matter how many or few cattle you raise, I don't think he'll change his opinion of you.

You're the one that implied that the number of cattle you raise would do that. I'm just saying it won't.

To insult ALL Angus breeders because you're arguing with ONE is just plain IDIOTIC. PERIOD.

Well Said!
I have known some dang fine Cattlemen that didn't own a cow.

Does anyone have a belt handy?

I didn't imply anything, lakading.

BRG asked a few days ago, so I stated my experience.

Nothing implied about anything. If you took it that way, that is your mistake.

All I need to do is call breeders of different breeds up on the phone.

The ones with something besides breed BS can send me some numbers, or actually talk about how they are helping commercial men out. They have comparisions of how their Angus did vs their "other breeds". And it doesnt always favor the Angus like the Journal likes to point out.

Angus breeders usually just start some CAB BS, or "maternal" BS, or marketability BS, or don't need to crossbreed BS, or whatever.

They are so out of touch with having some cattle that really DO SOMETHING, rather than just having a big ad budget that it makes me puke.

mtnman

Hmmmm mtnkid; it does sound like you want to fight. but can't find anyone to stand still long enough to hit them.
BTW Where are all these cows at.

Latest posts