CC7 opinions ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
I have a couple CC7 straws I have been meaning to use them. Does anyone have experience with him or his offspring ? The cow I want to use him is about 1700 pounds. Her aaa# is 19772462. Her front 2 feet could be slight straighter, she weaned my heaviest calf as a heifer by 80lbs last year. Thanks IMG_2162.jpeg

CC&7 was one of the first AI bulls I used when I switched from dairy to beef. about 1/2 of my 18 black cows have him in their pedigree. at the time, he was the highest EPD for docility which is why I started using him. I have not had any problems with feet and have been impressed with the udder quality throughout the 4 - 5 generations of replacements. I wouldn't hesitate to use him on any cow.

The daughters wont be any smaller.. I have used a ton of CC&7, his sire, his brother, etc.

CC&7 will do alot of good things, docility, milking ability, fertility (which is tough when they milk as good as the CC&7 daughters do). He will have some frame, more muscle shape than most of the carcass type bulls, feet are good. No real holes in the bull imo..

The sire (connection) might have the edge in docility, and the brother (Wake up Call) might have the advantage in frame, Marbling and Milk . But CC&7 put all of them together in a pretty unique package.

I had one CC&7 daughter, and saw several others, would have loved to have had a whole herd of them.
One of my favorite Angus bulls. He had the frame that I like. I used a sin Hoover Dam quite a bit too. Liked him well too, but Hoover Dam did not sire as much frame as CC&7.
If I had straws of CC&7 I would not hesitate to use them in my herd

Latest posts