Opinions on this bull

Help Support CattleToday:

kiku_fs

Reaction score
Pics updated...
coldspring10.jpg

Thie picture is a little dark but you are right about no butt. :D He looks a little pot bellied to me but hey that could be the pic. Do you have any calves out of him?

kiku_fs":2rngq786 said:
J":2rngq786 said:
Thie picture is a little dark but you are right about no butt. :D He looks a little pot bellied to me but hey that could be the pic. Do you have any calves out of him?
we will have a calf out of him very soon, in a couple of days most likely.

I don't really care for him too much but depending on what his calves look like he might be a keeper. What kind of cows is he on?

It takes guts to put your animals up here, so I commend you for that. Looking through his pedigree, I thought he might be a calving ease bull, but was a little disturbed by his calving ease direct and his sires daughters having a 1.5 CE score. If you are crossing him on the Charolais cows in the background, maybe that will help from a muscle stanpoint. I always liked the cross of the two breeds.

I know that kiku_fs put this bulls picture up and asked for opinions, both good or bad, but why are some people so harsh with their words? I realize you need a thick skin here especially if you are going to ask others to critique your animals. Personally I don't care for this bull much either and I said that but I tried to have a little cooth about it.

kiku_fs":z0x3gifw said:
If you say I should take him to the sale barn, then plz tell me the reason why.
Idid. He's crap. has nothing to make him look like a bull. Except maybe 2 nuts. No butt, no thickness, no muscling, he's light boned, He's so sorry I can't see anything about him to even think about liking.

kiku_fs":wd5unauf said:
I would like to ask a question, our charolais cows are comming back in really late, we have one that has a 5 month old calf and she is just now comming back in. Do charolais cows always come in so late, or do i have a problem?

You probably have a nutritional problem. My Chars are in heat 30-60 days after calving.

From the looks of your bull I would say you have a bigger problem than you realize and it ain't just feed.

kiku_fs":34xn3zjx said:
If you say I should take him to the sale barn, then plz tell me the reason why.

Try this, but you have to be honest and objective....

You look at the picture and what do you see? Now, I am not being an ass, but you need to learn this.... good or bad, what do you see?

To me the worst attribute is his rear muscling... he has none.

Latest posts