Opinions on Brangus Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks for the comments.

I agree he is light in the butt, I'm expecting that to improve as he ages a bit but imagine it will still be a weak area for him.

He has a little less ear and sheath than some in the group he was in but less was what I was lookin for.

Although I don't post much, I do browse the site frequently and really enjoy lookin at the bulls posted.

One thing I have learned from this site, there is a lot more opinion involved in bull selection than there is absolutes.

But, there's nothin wrong with that either.

I agree he is light in the butt, I'm expecting that to improve as he ages a bit but imagine it will still be a weak area for him.

Please explain how your bull's butt improving as he ages will add butt to his calves.

Mike,

I didn't say what improvement he makes will add butt to his calves.

I acknowledged it was one of his weak areas. He's far from being a perfect bull but, in my opinion, he's not a terrible bull either. It wasn't an attempt to defend his purchase.

I asked for honest opinions and have no problem hearing them.

Thanks

I thought you were thinking of of buying him didnt know you already owned him. that would be the reason i would post a picture with a question like that.... after that its like closing the gate after the cows are done out. no point you must have liked him already

Australian Cattleman":1d8xv2mg said:
Not enough depth,not enough Brahman content and lacks a good solid hindquarter.
Thanks for taking the time to post the picture,I'll post some of my cattle for all board readers one day soon.
Colin

I'd like to see some. I'm asuming you have brangus. I will post a picture of my show/herd bull on here to let ya'll see. I hope you put some pics on here i havent seen many brangus from australia but i know a lot of our cows/semen/embryos are going that way so yall should have some great genetics down their.

No I don't breed Brangus but have friends that do. Australian Brangus are usually in most cases not less than half Brahman content,hence they are sleek and shiny,have a lot of ear. Brangus breeders here haven't had first cross cattle in their breeding program for years,so its Brangus over Brangus for lots of generations. Unlike our Charbrays who often have first cross animals even in the showring.
Colin

Latest posts