One red sock

Help Support CattleToday:

LoveMoo11":rn98dk2b said:
Hope it heals up alright-sounds like the week I had. I am feeling pretty battered. Got kicked in both the arm and the leg twice, Dog jumped on me and bruised my thigh up pretty good, got hip slammed (cow on one side, steel bar on the other) and fell out of my chair today and conked my head on the granite coffee table. :oops:

Didn't know the name of it but it happens to me some when I get forgetful around the chute and that hurts! As for your falling out of your chair and all. Were you doing shooters or simply boiler makers. I spent the day at a table once and decided to go home. Was making pretty good progress till someone stepped on my wrist. ;-) :lol2:
LoveMoo11":rn98dk2b said:
peg4x4":rn98dk2b said:
Told you about my brother loseing half his foot cause he wouldn't go to the Dr..Well,now he's in a nurseing home,haveing lost half his LEG,cause he wouldn't go to the Dr. Draw your own conclusions... Keep us updated about the nurseing home,how much you like it and all............ Go to the DR., DUMMY
voice of reason

Can't afford the doctor unless he needs some hay or something and we work out a trade. Besides, most people who die have been in contact with a doctor within the their last two weeks of life. Just can't take that chance. :nod:

Its still sore, I think. Spent the day nursing the grill and several cups of whiskey sours so my leg isn't hurting much at all at the moment. BTW - if you haven't tried Flaboy's recipe for Atomic Buffalo Turds I highly recommend that you do. Life is to short not to endulge yourself in this experience. :nod:

OK,fine~~ but when they're taking you into the operating room to take your leg off I want you to remember Peg4x4 TOLD YOU SO!!

Jogeephus":3ayc8ihc said:
LoveMoo11":3ayc8ihc said:
Hope it heals up alright-sounds like the week I had. I am feeling pretty battered. Got kicked in both the arm and the leg twice, Dog jumped on me and bruised my thigh up pretty good, got hip slammed (cow on one side, steel bar on the other) and fell out of my chair today and conked my head on the granite coffee table. :oops:

Didn't know the name of it
but it happens to me some when I get forgetful around the chute and that hurts! As for your falling out of your chair and all. Were you doing shooters or simply boiler makers. I spent the day at a table once and decided to go home. Was making pretty good progress till someone stepped on my wrist. ;-) :lol2:
LoveMoo11":3ayc8ihc said:
peg4x4":3ayc8ihc said:
Told you about my brother loseing half his foot cause he wouldn't go to the Dr..Well,now he's in a nurseing home,haveing lost half his LEG,cause he wouldn't go to the Dr. Draw your own conclusions... Keep us updated about the nurseing home,how much you like it and all............ Go to the DR., DUMMY
voice of reason

I kinda made it up :lol: :lol:
As for the falling out of the chair-I wasn't even drinkin'. ain't even old enough. Did it all on my own :help:

peg4x4":y5wruvy0 said:
OK,fine~~ but when they're taking you into the operating room to take your leg off I want you to remember Peg4x4 TOLD YOU SO!!

Personally, I'd avoid the doctor until the pain is intolerable. It's just a dang bruise, ladies.

Why do women always want you to go to the Dr
I can sew myself up, set broken bones and and drain abcesses all on my own so why do I need a Dr and I have one for a partner that thinks I am a lil nuts
cut my arm last yr when we were castrating he wanted to take me to the ER I told him no I had sutures and he could sew me up right there he wouldn't do it so I had to do it myself

I worked with a cowby in Okla that amputated his own finger with horseshoe nippers and then cauterized it with a branding iron He was tough

show steer up":3o0z5arm said:
I can sew myself up

I've done this before. Soaked thread in alcohol and put 12 stitches in. It hurt like hello but I didn't have an alternative. I would have killed for some of that spray pain killer - xylacane(?).

MEN!!!!!! Honestly,do you expect your wife to take on all the stuff you do every day and take care of you?

peg4x4":2n1vsryw said:
MEN!!!!!! Honestly,do you expect your wife to take on all the stuff you do every day and take care of you?

She nursed me once before and I think she will say I'm not a good patient. When the demerol was working good I even had supper ready for her when she got home. Don't tell her this but I'm worth more to her dead than tracking mud in the house. :oops:

Jo - At least you can hide yours. I got into an altercation with a bathroom door Friday at the Beef Expo. Left a big old popknot right in the middle of my forehead. We went out to a bar on Friday night and the wife was telling everybody she did it!

Jogeephus":38ws6eka said:
peg4x4":38ws6eka said:

She nursed me once before and I think she will say I'm not a good patient. When the demerol was working good I even had supper ready for her when she got home. Don't tell her this but I'm worth more to her dead than tracking mud in the house. :oops:
Thats what you think...If I found someone I could put up with do you think I'd let him get away that easy? She won't.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Ok Peg. I think you are right. Her sweetnesty will say I'm hard-headed but like you say - she does find some value in me for some reason. ;-)

This is what I did to my hubbie last sept. :shock:

P1010008-1.jpg

Busted both orbits and had fluid leaking from his eye ball..............oops
But all is well and he still loves me :D

There's a law against beating up on your husband in Georgia! Ya'll woman can be so cruel. Why? Just can't understand it. ;-)

show steer up":2ytf8let said:
Hay....I said I was sorry :(

Yeah. Sure. Like we haven't heard that line before. I think every man at the battered men's shelter has heard the same thing over and over again. But ya'll don't ever change. Ya go out and get drunk on perfume and makeup and the salon then you leave and the humidity messes with your hairdo and you come home and take it out on us men. I know the story. Same old same old. :lol2:

show steer up":2s1tv1ee said:
but...but...i said i was sorry, i did :cry2:

:lol2: :lol2: I think it would be hard for you to deny him a kitchen pass when he asked for it. :nod: :lol2: :lol2:

show steer up":yoq6gqg9 said:
Hay....I said I was sorry :(

Sorry it wasn't worse.
What you women need to understand is the way most men are brought up is when we get hurt we are told stuff like walk it off or but some electrical tape on it.We ain't allowed to cry or show any emotion even if we are bleeding to death.When me and my brother were little he was chaseing me around the truck and I ducked under the metal roofing that was hanging over the tail gate he didn't and just about cut his guts out.Dad told him to walk home and lay down before his guts did fall out.I've dislocated fingers and had to reset them myself .I could go on with more examples but I won't bore you.One more thing my wife was raised with insurance and I wasn't so anytime something happens to the kids she wants to run them to the hospital.We've had several dissusions about this.

Latest posts