? on liquid nitrogen

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I ran into a website with an interesting pic that brought up a question on liquid nitrogen. It's a Longhorn ranch in Oregon but the site has several pics on the home page, so if you have dail up you may not want to open up the site. My question is there's a pic of a guy with a tank and liquid nitrogen fog running all over the place, I see a kid at another tank in the background. I'm assuming this doesn't happen every time you open the tank, I assuming he just filled the tank for effect in the pic.

If you would like to take a look the site is http://www.mr3ranch.com it is the 5th pick down.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan,

I have dialup so I not going to try and look, but I've seen the pictures before. When you pull the plug on your tank you get a little fog cloud, nothing like you see in the picture. They probably had just filled the tank or as you said made it look good for the picture.

Bobg

well to me when you see a fog of nitrogen boiling oit of the tank your leaving the tank open way to long.you want to get the semen out as quick as you can an shutt the tank.one reason is the longer the tank is open the more risk of semen thawing out.thus ruining the semen.

I don't get that much fog everytime I open the tank. There is fog when you fill it though. Might have spilled some for the effect of the picture like you said, Alan.

warpaint":30xqaqqn said:
Don't know about the fog, but that's some dang fine looking animals. ;-)

Oh my, yes, isn't that the truth. And, the pictures and captions of the "Run amuk" calves were fantastic.

Alice

The tank had obviously just been filled. In the picture, the guy is pushing down the plunger into an overfilled tank. The liquid nitrogen is shooting out in a ring pattern around the tank. We have done it before. The nitrogen hits the ground and spatters and produces a huge cloud of fog like that in the pic.

Aaron is right on the money with his explanation of the nitrogen spilling. Surprisingly, the sight mentioned is mine and I took the photos. The only reason we filled the tank outside was for the photo. I think the boiling point of liquid nitrogen is around –288 Fahrenheit. > ( I am on dial-up and the page loads fast )

Warpaint and Alice, you put a big smile on my face with your kind compliments! Alice, I am glad you enjoyed my Run Amuck calves. I had a hoot doing them. Armed only with my camera, bull whip, and an occasional tranquilizer gun.

Rod

MR3":mc1bwfx4 said:
Aaron is right on the money with his explanation of the nitrogen spilling. Surprisingly, the sight mentioned is mine and I took the photos. The only reason we filled the tank outside was for the photo. I think the boiling point of liquid nitrogen is around –288 Fahrenheit. > ( I am on dial-up and the page loads fast )

Warpaint and Alice, you put a big smile on my face with your kind compliments! Alice, I am glad you enjoyed my Run Amuck calves. I had a hoot doing them. Armed only with my camera, bull whip, and an occasional tranquilizer gun.

Rod

Well MR3, it makes since that it is your site in hind sight. Very nice site and cattle. I really love the Medford area. I didn't see a sponser or web page operator on your web site, do you guys maintain it yourself? I thinking about a website in the next year or two.

Alan

I also should tell you, I ran across your site by seeing your ad in the Capital Press classifieds. I like to know how my business ad $ are doing.

Alan

MR3":1ygeulqs said:
( I am on dial-up and the page loads fast )Rod

Rod, I have only looked at your webpage at work which is a T! connection. Checked it just now on my dialup (26.4) and it does load surprisingly fast compared to a lot of other sites.

Do love your cattle, I'm looking into getting a few more Longhorn heifers as I run unto somemore pasture.

Bobg

Alan, Glad you enjoyed the site. It is a photo album site offered by Earthlink. You need to be connected to use it and is slow working on dial-up. It is hard to get help if you need it, very limited, and expensive, although easy to use. I just purchased the Dreamweaver 8 program along with the Total Training for Dreamweaver 8. So I can rebuild my site. This is my indoor project for this winter. Thanks for the complements and letting me know how you found the site.

Rod

Bodg, When you get ready for some sweetheart heifers check us out again. There are a few up your way with my brand, sure wouldn't want you to get left out. ;-) Thanks for checking us out and the complements.

Rod

MR3":1c3ychsr said:
Alan, Glad you enjoyed the site. It is a photo album site offered by Earthlink. You need to be connected to use it and is slow working on dial-up. It is hard to get help if you need it, very limited, and expensive, although easy to use. I just purchased the Dreamweaver 8 program along with the Total Training for Dreamweaver 8. So I can rebuild my site. This is my indoor project for this winter. Thanks for the complements and letting me know how you found the site.

Rod

I looked at the Dreamweaver 8 yesterday and some "how to" books on the program. They gave me a blank stare very quickly. :(

I'll check back with you to see how it's going in a few months.

Good luck,
Alan

Latest posts