Olympics, Southern Style

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryder":34q5ozgr said:
Ryan":34q5ozgr said:
brownmule":34q5ozgr said:
this is so funny. you guys are a hoot! i got one.
hay bail shotput.

trying to throw an 80 lb square bail of hay on a moveing flatbed without getting you toes ran over, or knocking off the stacker.
i'd get a metal for that one LOL. had to learn about the toe thing the hard way LOL :cboy:

I've already been practicing this one a lot. Just waiting for it to be added to the summer olympics.

I don't have a name for it yet but here is the game:
Weigh a calf while the crazy mom tries to kill you. Those with the least amount of injuries wins.

Ryan
I have a name for both of these activities.

"WORK"

THats right. I though I'd heard that before. 8)

Cattle Rack Rancher":1yp6tua3 said:
Bullbuyer":1yp6tua3 said:
Would someone please explain this Olympic event "Curling" ?
Sliding an oversized hockey puck while your buddies sweep the ice ???
Somewhere a set of parents are saying " We paid for lessons for this ??"

Its kind of like shuffleboard on ice. Up here, its a huge spectator sport. There's alot more to it than you'd think. The skip needs to figure out each curve and swing of the ice. Draw weight is very tough to achieve. Sitting at the curling rink, drinking beer is one of the Great Canadian past times.

You're kiddin, right? Now turn a ticked off polar bear loose on the ice with them and that's a sport I'd PAY to watch!! :lol: :lol:

cfpinz

cfpinz":3vja4fim said:
Cattle Rack Rancher":3vja4fim said:
Bullbuyer":3vja4fim said:

Its kind of like shuffleboard on ice. Up here, its a huge spectator sport. There's alot more to it than you'd think. The skip needs to figure out each curve and swing of the ice. Draw weight is very tough to achieve. Sitting at the curling rink, drinking beer is one of the Great Canadian past times.

You're kiddin, right? Now turn a ticked off polar bear loose on the ice with them and that's a sport I'd PAY to watch!! :lol: :lol:

cfpinz

I'm dead serious. My wife will sit and watch curling for hours on TV. I prefer the curling rink myself. You should try curling sometime. Its quite addictive. There's a whole culture that comes with it. Sort of like the winter version of golfing up here.

I'm with those guys on the Curling. I'd just as soon watch paint dry. I guess you had to grow up in it.

Cattle Rack Rancher":3j5t7xdm said:
cfpinz":3j5t7xdm said:
Cattle Rack Rancher":3j5t7xdm said:
Bullbuyer":3j5t7xdm said:

cfpinz

I'm dead serious. My wife will sit and watch curling for hours on TV. I prefer the curling rink myself. You should try curling sometime. Its quite addictive. There's a whole culture that comes with it. Sort of like the winter version of golfing up here.

I'm not gonna lie. I kind of like curling. It is pretty rare to see it on the television down here so I think its pretty cool.

CattleAnnie":e0z46qz8 said:
Curling...the only sport you'll find without a restricted rating where it's perfectly acceptable to hear the women hollering

"Harder!! Harder!!" :shock:

Take care.

Sounds like my kind of sport. I love when women do that. :oops:

Latest posts