Southern states

Help Support CattleToday:

pricefarm":8jyh10ww said:
kenny thomas":8jyh10ww said:
jltrent":8jyh10ww said:
The one here is Managed by an Azz hole. I will drive 20 miles out of my way to keep from buying anything there. Prices are high, very little stock, Azz hole manager could care less about helping the farmers. I see a new manager shortly or closure.
Glad you said it, not me. Haven't been in there in years. I drove by it Friday and went to TN Coop to get a ton of Urea. Buy all my feed from a real feed dealer. Vaccines too.
It's 11:40 pm and I can text my feed supplier now and almost bet the feed will be here by 9am. Now that's service.

Y'all coming all the way to Bristol to shop at SS ? Sounds like it with the A hole manager
We have two more SS and three farm supply stores pretty close that is better. That is were I go as for the other one maybe some people like it there, but it want be me.

littletom":xbiu15wg said:
Ky hills":xbiu15wg said:
Our's here seems to be doing ok. I don't know if it is true but heard the other day that Southern States had been bought by Cargill.

Feed portion only is what Cargill bought. Three kinds of Southern States private owned,
co-op, and company owned. I do alot of fertilizer and chemical business with ss and am very happy. Left a local outfit several years ago after fert was half be nice spread. I do feed business with a large ky based feed company. Will not take feed to ss because happy with way things are.

Thanks for the clarification. Ours is a co-op, from what I heard they were going to keep their name on their products for now. I am hoping they keep their same products would not want to go down in terms of quality. I haven't cared much for the Cargill feed that I have bought a few times over the years. I buy most of my cattle feed from a different local feed store and get a mixed ration of corn gluten, soy hulls, cracked corn and dried distillers grain, I haven't used SS cattle feed for several years.. I do get about all my mineral and chicken feed and other supplies at SS though. Our SS store is real close by and handy so I'm usually in there for something every week or two. We also have a Tractor Supply and Rural King but usually if it's something that SS carries I will go to SS instead.

Latest posts