Oink oink Pigs!

Help Support CattleToday:

Not that I give a hoot but seems I read that feeding pigs nonprocessed milk is illegal. Anyone know for sure?

Jogeephus":2ybyo55l said:
Not that I give a hoot but seems I read that feeding pigs nonprocessed milk is illegal. Anyone know for sure?

You are most likely correct. Not that I give a hoot either. Who's to say the goats didn't stand still for it :lol:

Jogeephus":370pgh0c said:
Actually, if you're raising market hogs, I think it's also illegal to do the bread, out-dated veggies, etc., too -- do whatever you want for your own consumption.

:banana: Aaaaawwwww.....I hope everybody has a GREAT x-mas! ;)

Some of the best advice I ever received was that if you are thinking about getting hogs is to go to where some are being raised and smell them first. A few hogs and a large confinement area will reduce the stench but hog waste does smell. If you buy a 50lb feeder pig it will take roughly 115 days for it to reach market weight of around 240 lbs. During that time a pig will consume 10 bushels of corn, 150 lbs of soybean meal along with some minerals. Fresh water should be available 24/7. Be prepared to have a means to load the hogs if you are going to transport them at market time.

Ive done hogs for a few years now and ill say this. The more corn you feed the worse it smells.
Time to finish at full feed is closer to 6 months. Thats with regular hog feed not the expensive show feed stuff like paylean etc.
In that 6 months they will eat about 700 lbs of hog feed each and all the slops you can get em
Also its best to worm em once a month if they are in confinement. Withdrawl times still apply
They grow better on concrete but watch for leg problems.

hooknline":1w0fd9r2 said:
Ive done hogs for a few years now and ill say this. The more corn you feed the worse it smells.
Time to finish at full feed is closer to 6 months. Thats with regular hog feed not the expensive show feed stuff like paylean etc.
In that 6 months they will eat about 700 lbs of hog feed each and all the slops you can get em
Also its best to worm em once a month if they are in confinement. Withdrawl times still apply
They grow better on concrete but watch for leg problems.

Wel always used soaked whole barley. It smells just a little better than Corn.

My feed supplier switched to a mix that has just 10 percent more corn in it but 100 percent more stink

Hard boiled??? Dang i just fed em a regular egg. Even got pictures but all it was was a blurr of hog azzes.
Dang. Screwed up again

Well, now you've probably gone and killed them all! You guys just can't get anything right! :bang: :bang: :bang:

I guess you can tell the future because youre right. Theyre all dead in about 45 days. Musta been the raw eggs

Latest posts