Animal Protein for Pigs?

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954":2m1wloki said:
Landed a gig with a local Mexican produce store. They let me pick up all the old produce every day. Getting it by the truck full. So far they have been the most helpful. This, popeyes chicken, distillers grain and a mix of piG feed and crushed corn is working okay. Crushed corn $5.25 a bag but I don't have to feed to much with all the potatoes and fruit I am getting.

$5.25 a bag!!!! I'd find wheat or something cheap somewhere.

BK9954":2yyrfmax said:
Landed a gig with a local Mexican produce store. They let me pick up all the old produce every day. Getting it by the truck full. So far they have been the most helpful. This, popeyes chicken, distillers grain and a mix of piG feed and crushed corn is working okay. Crushed corn $5.25 a bag but I don't have to feed to much with all the potatoes and fruit I am getting.

Congrats I could give you about 5 tons a week and never even miss it

Jake":1lr2tgjh said:
BK9954":1lr2tgjh said:

$5.25 a bag!!!! I'd find wheat or something cheap somewhere.
At $5.25 it's just $50 over buying buy the ton of whole kernel corn. And this is crushed fine. I only supplement when I am short on carbs so the price I am paying for corn is the best around. Other places charging $6.50 for whole corn. I don't think the corn is a bad deal.

skyhightree1":2y6bcbgy said:
dun":2y6bcbgy said:
Might check with the day old bread stores. Anything they don;t sell after a time they throw it out.

Here they don't throw it out just wait for people like me to buy it and feed it to animals. They charge you for it and im ok with that where else can you buy hostess cakes and such by the pick up load for 20.00 bucks :lol: :lol: They take it off the shelves a week or two sometimes before its expired either way the pigs love it.

Look at bread on a dry matter basis and 20.00 bucks a pickup load is not the great deal it sounds like. Once you weigh it you really don't have anything.

shaz":1on5dcei said:
skyhightree1":1on5dcei said:
dun":1on5dcei said:
Might check with the day old bread stores. Anything they don;t sell after a time they throw it out.

Here they don't throw it out just wait for people like me to buy it and feed it to animals. They charge you for it and im ok with that where else can you buy hostess cakes and such by the pick up load for 20.00 bucks :lol: :lol: They take it off the shelves a week or two sometimes before its expired either way the pigs love it.

Look at bread on a dry matter basis and 20.00 bucks a pickup load is not the great deal it sounds like. Once you weigh it you really don't have anything.

I like mixing that with my brewers grain and milk to make my own feed blend. I also mix it with ddg and milk brewers grain. It is a deal for me cause everyone that guys my pigs loves the meat/fat ratio as well as flavor.

Latest posts