Oh no... bad eye owie on young animal

Help Support CattleToday:

Glad to hear about the "cut it off method". I have a cow with foot rot. I will cut its leg off tomorrow.

I am not a vet by any means, nor pretend to be one, but it really just looks like granulosa tissue that is trying to fill in. It is weeping a lot, so cleaning it daily would not hurt. I have not used Vetricine, but heard good things about it. Since it is safe around the eye, I would try. Another product we us in horses which helped grow back tissue and prevent scars was a product called Corena Ointment. You can find it at any store, and often at Walmart!
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Corona-Origin ... z/10316887

This may be a strange thing to ask, but I wonder if pink eye could set up with so much moisture and drainage coming from that eye now. I would think the flies might be visiting it. Do you think a Pink Eye shot would do any good at this point wbvs58?

Pics from this morning.
I think he's very much improved from two weeks ago.
Some yucky eye booger going on, but really not looking too shabby... At least from before!

IMG_20131004_095034_zpsb0553f70.jpg

IMG_20131004_095123_zps9225fbaf.jpg

The boys were cleaning out the shed for the 4 legged boys today. Eye looks so much better again!!
I'll get updated photos again, probably on Thursday.
Blinks in tandem, just doesn't look quite the same as the other and not NEARLY so ugly as before.
Yay!!

Not bad! He looked like he was in good health, they seem to have great recovery abilities when they're already healthy & have good nutrition.
I thought we had our first case of pinkeye(this year) 2 months ago in a 2 year old. We caught her and I decided she had an injury to her eyeball. I treated it like pinkeye, with LA200, veterycin, and a patch; 2 weeks later it was 90% better. Now you can't even see any scar tissue.

Looking good again!!!
And since he was in the sun, he's showing off how well he can shut his eye too :)
I think he still could have vision in it too, he didn't spook at all when I was out there, even welcomed getting some scratches.

IMG_20131010_144911_zpsd239a8ca.jpg

IMG_20131010_144903_zpsfabe2b71.jpg

IMG_20131010_145230_zps61dfeba2.jpg

Latest posts