Off-road diesel - Waco, TX

Help Support CattleToday:

TXBobcat

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know of a good place to purchase off-road (no-tax) diesel in the Waco, TX area?

I am looking for a place where we can purchase the red dyed diesel and have it delivered to a bulk tank on the ranch. Fuel will only be used in tractors and dozer. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a place that gives good service, etc. We have been using on-road diesel in the past because we weren't using large quantities, but have decided it's about time we got a tank and started using the non-tax diesel.

We have been buying all our fuel from Hopkin Fuel in Mart Tx. They have been good about getting it to when we need it.Their number is 876-2381. Tell the girl that El Rancho en Debto told you about them.
Hope this helps

endebt":1pjpx4ed said:
We have been buying all our fuel from Hopkin Fuel in Mart Tx. They have been good about getting it to when we need it.Their number is 876-2381. Tell the girl that El Rancho en Debto told you about them.
Hope this helps

Thanks for the info.
Do you know how far they will deliver? We are about 20 miles NW of Waco.

What are y'all paying for off road?
I bought some last week for $2.28 delivered to the farm.

I don't know exaly how far they deliever. Juist give them a call. We are about 12 miles from them.
Hope this help.

How about a place in the Denton Tx. area? I'm in the same boat, we go through around 400-500 gallons a year in the equipment and would love to be able to find a place to buy it tax free. I wouldn't need it delivered as I can pick it up my self. Any suggestions?

SSS Angus":s142pjcd said:
How about a place in the Denton Tx. area? I'm in the same boat, we go through around 400-500 gallons a year in the equipment and would love to be able to find a place to buy it tax free. I wouldn't need it delivered as I can pick it up my self. Any suggestions?

SSS

Here are some distributors in your area:

Caruthers Oil-Denton 387-0555
Kelsoe Oil-Denton 387-3804
Martin Eagle Oil 383-2351
Sandford Oil-Decatur 627-2689

Give them a call. I'm sure at least 1 of them can help.

Texas PaPaw":206j61bo said:
SSS Angus":206j61bo said:

SSS

Here are some distributors in your area:

Caruthers Oil-Denton 387-0555
Kelsoe Oil-Denton 387-3804
Martin Eagle Oil 383-2351
Sandford Oil-Decatur 627-2689

Give them a call. I'm sure at least 1 of them can help.
Thanks....

We paid 2.70 for off road this week. Our state took off the sales tax and put a 6c gal surcharge the delivery person did not know what the surcharge went for he said the state required to collect it.
Fuel has gotten to be a big item on our small operation and not many years ago we would not consider it.

Fuel has gotten to be a big item on our small operation and not many years ago we would not consider it.[/quote]

aint that the truth

$2.76 this past weekend, we go get it in town. Diesel has become a big part of our budget. I've wrote checks in the past 3 months (hay season) for over $1500 worth of diesel! It wasn't that much last year.

Latest posts