Objective???

Help Support CattleToday:

rob2

Reaction score
looking to purchase a new bull. found a bull I like the looks of - a son of Objective. he's 16 months old, has a great disposition, nice conformation, a lot of length and girth. having been out of the angus loop for a while, can anyone fill me in on Objective?

Thanks,
Rob2

There is a thread on here some where that talks about him. He's a good all around type bull. He is dead now. I guess semen is getting in short supply. I've seen some animals out of him that are pretty waspy. :tiphat: B&G

Could never get past the photo of him. Looked like a black Holstein.
Have seen some pretty good looking Objective sons. Used one - Mandate - but he didn't nick well with my cows. Have one Mandate heifer that 'made the cut' and got to stay. Was kind of disappointed in 'em - for the most part, the steers and other heifers didn't have the growth to weaning that his epds indicated they should have - but the cow side of the equation was pretty low on grow...

My last bull was a Objective son. I liked him but that was only half of the equation. Kept several daughters out of him and they are weaning their first calves. Been pretty happy with him. Overall I liked him, easy calving and good weaning weights. He was not the beefiest looking bull. Just wish I could do with every bull what I did with him, got more out of him as a slaughter bull than I paid for him. Probably never do that again.

which objective? the old bull looked like a fat steer, disposition was an issue, the son that genex had sired bad legs, waspy would be a good description of type. Great example of where numbers only will lead you......

Was also a bit unimpressed with Mandate. We owned a paternal half brother to S S Objective T510 0T26 and he was a really good heifer bull... small calves with lots of vigor... didn't wean very big but they did well in the feedlot.

robert":1lcbcsgf said:
which objective? the old bull looked like a fat steer, disposition was an issue, the son that genex had sired bad legs, waspy would be a good description of type. Great example of where numbers only will lead you......

objective t510...but I found out today that the bull i'm looking at is a grandson of him. his sire - the objective son -was penned up with him when I went to look at. he was purchased at one of gardiner angus sales a couple years back. I thought he was a pretty powerful looking bull. good length, lot of muscle, and definitely wasn't pinched in the girth. really, the only similarity the bull had to t510 was the girth. his overall conformation in my opinion was much better than the photos I've found of t510. the bull i'm interested in doesn't express the power of his sire, but for his young age he looks pretty darn solid.

if I go ahead of purchase, i'll try to post a pic.

thanks,
rob

The t510 bull most definitely does not pass the eye exam. I have no experience with him or his sons but I would not be breeding to him. I agree with Lucky that he looks more like a Holstein than an Angus.

KW

tnwalkingred":1wkk6mh1 said:
The t510 bull most definitely does not pass the eye exam. I have no experience with him or his sons but I would not be breeding to him. I agree with Lucky that he looks more like a Holstein than an Angus.

KW

The actual T510 bull very easily passes the eye exam and there are some good cattle out of him. The objective bull that is a son of him is either the worst pictures bull ever or just a miserable animal. I have seen some commercial daughters that were good looking cows but have never used him and never plan to solely based upon the photo. Too many other bulls out there to use instead.

tnwalkingred":7d9mqpfi said:
What bull are you talking about Jake? I was only able to find pics of the one.

KW

The Objective bull's sire.

SSTraveler6807.jpg

the biggest issue with T510 was disposition (after you get past his mgs Hi Spade), I always thought he was a plain headed bull too but that's just me..

Latest posts