ss objective t510 o26 (again)

Help Support CattleToday:

angus9259

Reaction score
I'm sure this bull has been cussed and discussed on these boards, but for some reason the boards have not been letting me search.

1. Does anyone know why that is? I'm told I have to wait several minutes to be allowed to search

2. I have an opportunity to buy some of this bull pretty cheap. I've never been a fan of the way he looks in the picture so I"ve never used him. But I have some heifers to breed so thought I'd give it a shot. Anyone have actual experience with his calves? He sure has produced a lot of ai sires. Is that just because he's been used enough that something good must come of him or is that because he actually produces better than he looks? The Jorgensen family used him extensively. I have a lot of respect for that program so maybe there's something I others get that I don't about him?

He was mostly used as a EPD booster as by the numbers he was pretty good when he came out. I didn't care for the calves that I saw much but I only saw a handful. A few of the sons were okay but I used mandate heavily one year and was somewhat less than impressed so I've steered clear since then.

It's still odd how many "good" programs used him if he was only good for the numbers. Maybe I shouldn't find that odd....

I think he was also outcross to a lot of popular genetics at the time he was released but I could be mistaken. Outcross and performance can get some people to take their glasses off when they look at the pictures.

I haven't seen many progeny but have saw some good grandsons out of his daughters.

Last I looked he still has really good numbers so someone must be doing good with him. I've not been impressed with the offspring that I've seen..Not very attractive or much growth compared to others of the same herds

As I recall temperament is not real good in offspring overall, too

Couldn't get past the photos, and like CP, I used his son, Mandate.
Steers were crappy; one daughter stayed... don't even remember the other heifers...if there were any.
Think she's coming 6 and has produced average calves... not wild, but a bit standoffish.

No personal experience here, but have heard from somebody that had an objective son that he was a good calving ease bull.
I have stayed away from that line, based on my observations of how progeny have consistently acted in sale rings at several registered sales. A few years back, I did see a grandson of Objective, in a sale, by an Objective son GAR Ultimate, that stood out to me as being seemingly docile and good quality.

angus9259":3qpt9vvs said:
for some reason the boards have not been letting me search.

1. Does anyone know why that is? I'm told I have to wait several minutes to be allowed to search

I don't know, but have run into the same problem myself. Have even seen that message pop up in the middle of a search, when I was going to a different page results. :bang: :bang:

We had one of his sons. Great disposition, good calving ease and second best on weaning weight averages of the registered bulls we have had.

I A.I.ed a few heifers to him one year.. The calves were nice... Still have one of his daughters in production-Lazy Bar B Lady Blackbird 67T 16065897 - that raises some nice calves... She has a weaning ratio of 108 in our herd.. Her only negative for me is she's a little bigger framed then I like being between a 6 and 7 frame- so a little harder keeping- so I haven't kept any of her heifers ..
But she has raised some nice looking calves over the years with her last years daughter LBB Lady Blackbird 516 18194090 topping our registered heifer sale last year..

This is her bull calf this year- bad picture- but its going to make someone a nice bull calf..
This little bull traces back multiple times to Rito 707....

It's easier to search on google. "Forum angus bull objective" or "opinion angus bull objective" This site's search engine kicks you out quickly otherwise. His daughters have produced some nice bulls. Mostly known for his daughters.

Air gator":2s32du5b said:
It's easier to search on google. "Forum angus bull objective" or "opinion angus bull objective" This site's search engine kicks you out quickly otherwise. His daughters have produced some nice bulls. Mostly known for his daughters.
I know the two sons I seen out of daugthers were very good. They were growthy, well muscled and structurally sound. They sold very well also. Can't remember the sires they were out of.

The downside of the objectives I have seen is flatsided, shortsided, and temperment. Corrective matings especially on the temperment part can and do work. We have a herdbull with Mandate as a MGS, his only drawback is his temperment which isnt horrible but is closer to average than I prefer..

jscunn":oji4yn0y said:
The downside of the objectives I have seen is flatsided, shortsided, and temperment. Corrective matings especially on the temperment part can and do work. We have a herdbull with Mandate as a MGS, his only drawback is his temperment which isnt horrible but is closer to average than I prefer..

I have to agree with the temperment part- another reason I may not have kept more heifers.. Even the one I kept is borderline on the flighty side... She is out of a Strategy sired mother that is puppy dog gentle which may have influenced her enough to make here workable..

well now the dilemma. I can get the semen for about $2 a straw and have a group of heifers to breed anyway. that said, paying $2 doesn't make a good deal if I can't retain heifers or they can't potentially sell as bulls (disposition and short sidedness are particular issues for me).

Given the same options I wouldnt use him if it was free. I would pay 10 - 25 for semen for a bull that you like, too much time and effort put into AI to get cheap with the semen.. My opinion, it aint worth much..:)

Latest posts