Obama Phones

Help Support CattleToday:

Me? I'm thinking I'll take my phone back where I got it and see if they'll give me one of those free obamma phones!

Yeh, I watched that youtube a few days ago. It's an eye opener for those of us here and still willing to protect the last remnant of freedom on the planet

Katherine, don't make me google it; what is "Galt"? Forgive by ignorant hillbilliness

This B.S. cost me lots of money. Think I will order some more bullets, and might as well get another AR-15.
Most of the ammo sites are sold out of bulk 5.56 ammo. Hmm I wonder why??

So shoot me-I got one of them. :hide: Could not afford the $10.00 a month for the phone I got for safety reasons while I'm out and about in the power chair. I'm trying to make ends wave at each other.. I've cut back on most things-meat is a once a week treat. Gave up my truck. Gonna keep the cats tho

peg4x4":3aewzfyr said:
So shoot me-I got one of them. :hide: Could not afford the $10.00 a month for the phone I got for safety reasons while I'm out and about in the power chair. I'm trying to make ends wave at each other.. I've cut back on most things-meat is a once a week treat. Gave up my truck. Gonna keep the cats tho

peg
that is what the program was deigned for.
it was started for people that needed a phone for health reasons
just like food stamps and the other programs to help the needy
it was to help people that couldn't work not the people that won't work.
now well you know

Ouachita":2tu1dpah said:
Yeh, I watched that youtube a few days ago. It's an eye opener for those of us here and still willing to protect the last remnant of freedom on the planet

Katherine, don't make me google it; what is "Galt"? Forgive by ignorant hillbilliness

Sorry if I steal any thunder, Katherine.
John Galt. From Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged"
When there are too few carrying the weight of too many, like Atlas carrying the weight of the world.
What would happen if Atlas shrugged and refused to carry the burden any longer?

Peg i am a thinking that none of us minds you having one of them phones cause i reckon you would be glad to be a working for a living if you could, Its these deadbeats that never worked a day in there life that gets to me.

Ouachita":1pjqagw9 said:

From the book "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand. Which is now a movie, in 2 parts, which I have not seen. Excellent book!

John Galt is one of the characters in the book. Essentially,the book is about what happens when the people who 'keep things rolling', the job creators, the railroads, airlines, corporations, etc "stop" doing what they are doing. They get fed up with all the unionization, the demands, the attitudes of entitlement and the new laws that "punish" them---fine them---force them to "give" more to the people. They see that it failed in so many other countries that became "The people's republic of England, The people's republic of France etc. And the one guy, John Galt, manages to get together with all these men of industry, innovators, inventors etc and these guys "disappear". Where they go is a very out-of-the-way place here in the US and basically start all over while the rest of the USA (and the world for that matter) implodes because it was now left up to the takers and the leeches and the parasites to "get things done".

That's it in a nutshell. The book was written in the 1940's I believe. I got it for Christmas last year and read it last winter. What happened in that book, is happening now in other countries and starting to happen here, a welfare state.

I hope that explained it? Maybe?

Katherine

peg4x4":3q9lcejf said:
So shoot me-I got one of them. :hide:

No need to hide Peg, I won't shoot you. You, my (late) Mother-in-law and a neighbor of one our friends is why "we" have these programs, for the people who truly need it. Unforunately too many folks who "don't feel like it" have found ways to 'buck' the system and abuse it! I'm confident that if you had your 'druthers, you wouldn't be in that power chair needing an Obamaphone, instead you'd be walking, driving and possess a cell-phone of your choice.

Keep the cats, they're good for your bloodpressure and mental health.

Katherine

Be careful posting things that will stimulate thought. I posted the old addage once "The have nots want what the haves have, but the haves don't want anyone else to have anything". It went on for several pages as best as I remember. It's the concept that each social class feels burdened by those they perceive as beneath them. And restrained by those above them I'm not a liberal. It just rings true most of the time. It was kinda neat to watch everybody go on and on about how hard they work, and what a large contribution they make. --------------deep thoughts-----------by Bigfoot.

What one person receives without working for, another works for without receiving. Nothing to do with "class".

Think of this........if you want to continue to receive your free minutes for each month, who are you going to vote for.

Peg, there is not anyone here that would begrudge you getting your phone , in fact I'm sure that all are happy you can get it. When you were able you were a productive member of society. What we're talking about are the people that are able that don't hit a lick, ain't never hit a lick, ain't gonna hit a lick.

Larry

They simply have their sights set low. Along with free medical treatment and free cell phones, they ought to get a mansion on a hill and new Mercedes every other year.

Larry the liberals already tried the home thing. And we all had to bail the banks out with borrowed money. Peg I didn't mean no harm, and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

For years I worked and paid taxes without the luxury of a cell phone. Now I it seems I can purchase one in the parking lot for $5. I really hate seeing this country borrow money so many of our citizens have these luxuries that I was unable to afford for so long. I guess the idea that each family's share of the national debt is around $140,000 only bothers me. Where does it end?

Latest posts