Nuflor or Baytril?

Help Support CattleToday:

Does anyone know if I can give Baytril to a bred cow? I don't have the insert anymore. She is due the 3rd week of Feb. Thanks

CWT Angus":ohxy76se said:
Does anyone know if I can give Baytril to a bred cow? I don't have the insert anymore. She is due the 3rd week of Feb. Thanks
I'd hate to say yes, because we one abort 3 days after treating her for shipping fever.

Movin' On- That's nice of you to offer- I can call mine tomorrow. She seems fine today anyway & still has no temp- The grass hay we are feeding has lots of little seeds in it. I'll watch her & ask the Doc.

I use Micotil. I know its dangerous but it has worked better than Batril for me.

Its pretty expensive per cc but it only takes 1.5cc per 100 lbs.

Haven't tried Nuflor.

Johnny

regenwether":1236gcon said:
When I get a load of feeder cattle in... on Day 5 I'll put CTC in the feed. I'll do that for three days and then take them off. Shipping fever seem's to hit around day 4 or five. You want them all to be eating good before you put the CTC in the feed.

I usually just mix it into the receiving ration. Are you top dressing a heavy(er) dose to save $?

I bought some baytril today and the insert says under Precautions: " The effects of enrofloxacin on bovine reproductive performance, pregnancy and lactation have not been adequately determined."

The vets office did tell me that I couldn't use it on any dairy that might end up into milk production.

Latest posts