not 1, not 2, 3!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

iowahawkeyes":w6bgqx0p said:
msscamp":w6bgqx0p said:
iowahawkeyes":w6bgqx0p said:
I think we will pull off the heifer and bottle feed her.
My grandpa had triplets once with a dairy cow, had to have been in the early 70's. We have never had that before.

Why would you pull the smallest calf to bottle feed? I would pull the biggest one, possible two - depending on the heifer.

We don't know who we'll pull off yet. We take a bottle out in the morning and evening and let all suck on it. The heifer calf is probably the nicest one but will be probably be sterile, that is why I initially said we would pull her.
The cow is 7 years old and is doing a great job.

My 2 cents would be to leave them all with the cow, give her a bit of extra grain and also give them all a 'top-up' from the bottle. Mum can do the job better than we measly humans can. Wean them early onto a good ration and you shouldnt see any differences between them and the other calves.

I know of too many people who have had triplets and they take all three off the mum and bottle raise :? :?: :?: No sense at all in that!

(by the way) Congratulations!

Congatulations!! That is awsome. We have yet to get even a set of twins!! Triplets wow!!!! Great job! Take care of that mama.
Double R

Latest posts