North Carolina Vacation

Help Support CattleToday:

red angus 2010

Reaction score
Would appreciate any help you could offer. We are looking at traveling to the east coast early September for the first vacation we have had in ten years. My oldest daughter wants to see the ocean, swim and surf. My brother has offered us a week of his time share for the year to any of the places in the book he has of properties all over the country. I was looking at the Nags Head, Kill Devil Hill & Kitty Hawk area but the properties in the book when I look at ratings on line they seem a little suspect. We don't need anything fancy just decent, CLEAN and beds you can sleep in without requiring a Chiropractor the next morning. Does anyone know of a place in this area or another area up or down the coast. The family would be willing to go as far north as Virginia Beach or south to South Carolina. This has been a very stressful year between both jobs and I just want to relax for a week. I really don't want to drive for two days and pull up to a property and wish I had never left home. Any help would be most appreciated.

red angus 2010":2v4qvrvd said:
Would appreciate any help you could offer. We are looking at traveling to the east coast early September for the first vacation we have had in ten years. My oldest daughter wants to see the ocean, swim and surf. My brother has offered us a week of his time share for the year to any of the places in the book he has of properties all over the country. I was looking at the Nags Head, Kill Devil Hill & Kitty Hawk area but the properties in the book when I look at ratings on line they seem a little suspect. We don't need anything fancy just decent, CLEAN and beds you can sleep in without requiring a Chiropractor the next morning. Does anyone know of a place in this area or another area up or down the coast. The family would be willing to go as far north as Virginia Beach or south to South Carolina. This has been a very stressful year between both jobs and I just want to relax for a week. I really don't want to drive for two days and pull up to a property and wish I had never left home. Any help would be most appreciated.
I ain't been to any of em, but I have some advise. Go to Wal-Mart and buy you one of those egg-crate mattress toppers, carry that with you and your own pillow. Does wonders for your sleep.

Only place ive been is a campground in sc. I stay at a good bit of hotels and i always take my own pillow. That one little thing can make the motel 8 feel like the ritz

I spent many years stationed in North Carolina and found the beaches from Atlantic Beach down to Wrightsville Beach to be clean, friendly, and accommodating. A range of accommodations are available from hotel/motel rooms, cottages, or even beach houses. You can't go wrong with a good known hotel/motel chain. Have a good time and take in an off shore fishing trip if you can.

Bring your fishing pole cause large bluefish should be migrating through there about that time and can be caught off the surf.

Hes got to have a heck of a rod and real lying around- it really takes a whopper to get that weight out that far. Not to mention you can snag a dolphin and need a bunch of line to run out before you see it jump and crush your spirit :) I can second that its a great time to be fishing there.
Love the beach, anywhere is nice.
I have stayed at campsites,houses and condos.My favorite was camping, but I actually enjoyed the condo(surfside only) In September you'll almost have it to yourself.And the pool is really nice to have to jump in and cool down and get the salt spray off of you.
Tell your daughter to get surfing out of her head, unless there's a storm its a dud. Get her a boogie board.
Negotiate the price-- they'll deal that time of year.Especially as hard as they have been hit financially the last few years.

Hey Red,

Those places you mentioned are real nice.
We Have been going to nags head for years, we usually go last week of august and only had to leave 1 year due to a hurricane.
All those areas you mentioned are close together and easy to get to, but we really like to be in Nags Head or south Nags Head,, a little less congested. (further south).
Anyway The fishing is great, you can get on a makeup charter fishing trip at Oregon Inlet and catch a big Blue Marlin and have crab cakes for dinner.
Also the fishing piers are fun too as well as the beaches.

As far as housing,, we been to alot and never had any real problems,, Its actually very nice down there.
We usually rent from Stan White Realty Or Nags Head Realty and we get a nice house for under 1K
Have fun!

I would like to thank everyone for their helpful replies. Isn't going to work out to afford a vacation but I will file away in case we can make it happen some year.
You're all good people.

Latest posts