North Texas slaughter house

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Has anyone heard about this place? 500,000 sq ft place, specializing in large animals like buffalo and belgium blues. They'll also be a catfish farm. What is happening to our county? Eggs, solar farms and now a large slaughter house...a few years ago, nothing..lol...

Are you talking about this one?
County is riled up about the owners.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/amp/Controversial-slaughterhouse-will-be-built-in-12968488.php

It will be in Red River co... http://theparisnews.com/news/article_c8670e90-be78-11e9-9913-8742d08a0bc9.html
Not sure if you can get the whole story, but that's it....

He's been working on it for several years and guess it'll be several more before it ever opens. He says they drilled water wells and the water is good enough to raise some fish that eat meat, pike or muskie or salmon or something like that. Gonna feed them scraps from the packing house. Be interesting to see if he makes it. It's down 410 or 195 close to the river.

callmefence said:
I can't understand people having a problem with this. Same kinda people who think they should be able to tell Brazil how many trees they can cut down.

I would never fight a new business coming in but can understand not wanting certain ones close by.

Solar Farm...will provide a few jobs and the tax dollars will be mismanaged. It's going to take up 6,000 acres that several families could have run cattle on and spent money in the community. The big plus to it though is the monster hot and humid heat wave it'll put off in the summer...glad It's 15 miles from me instead of 5.

Chicken house... thing has something like 10 million laying hens and pays $425,000 in taxes. I've seen no benefit to the community. It's 5 miles from me. Can't smell it thank goodness. Was supposed to be cheap fertilizer for local farmers but it's about the highest you spread.

Packing house...will provide some low paying jobs and pay a small amount of taxes. It's way out in the country and won't bother many people. It's neighbors will have to deal with increased truck traffic and workers.

Daisy Dairy...stinks up the place. We can smell it at work some nights and we're 10 miles away. Does provide a few low to mid wage jobs. Haven't noticed a big boost to local economy.

This area needs factories that will employee hundreds of people for years and provide them with benefits. Instead we are getting projects that take up large amounts of land and provide a few low paying jobs.

Lucky said:
callmefence said:
I can't understand people having a problem with this. Same kinda people who think they should be able to tell Brazil how many trees they can cut down.

I would never fight a new business coming in but can understand not wanting certain ones close by.

Solar Farm...will provide a few jobs and the tax dollars will be mismanaged. It's going to take up 6,000 acres that several families could have run cattle on and spent money in the community. The big plus to it though is the monster hot and humid heat wave it'll put off in the summer...glad It's 15 miles from me instead of 5.

Chicken house... thing has something like 10 million laying hens and pays $425,000 in taxes. I've seen no benefit to the community. It's 5 miles from me. Can't smell it thank goodness. Was supposed to be cheap fertilizer for local farmers but it's about the highest you spread.

Packing house...will provide some low paying jobs and pay a small amount of taxes. It's way out in the country and won't bother many people. It's neighbors will have to deal with increased truck traffic and workers.

Daisy Dairy...stinks up the place. We can smell it at work some nights and we're 10 miles away. Does provide a few low to mid wage jobs. Haven't noticed a big boost to local economy.

This area needs factories that will employee hundreds of people for years and provide them with benefits. Instead we are getting projects that take up large amounts of land and provide a few low paying jobs.

So buy the chicken house and build a factory.

Latest posts