Non participant truck wreck

Help Support CattleToday:

danl

Reaction score
I was working away in my office yesterday when a woman hit ice, slid down an alley and hit my brand new truck head on.
Don't know how she even did it, I thought the truck was safe behind the building, next to a ten foot tall retaining wall.

Fortunately she has insurance and came in and told me and called the police.
Any advice on how to make sure her insurance (geico) makes it all new again and I have something to drive??
Or should I make my insurance fix it and them bill geico. My agent told me that was an option, but i have to pay 1500.00 deductible and get reimbursed from her company.

danl":h54xtgov said:
I was working away in my office yesterday when a woman hit ice, slid down an alley and hit my brand new truck head on.
Don't know how she even did it, I thought the truck was safe behind the building, next to a ten foot tall retaining wall.

Fortunately she has insurance and came in and told me and called the police.
Any advice on how to make sure her insurance (geico) makes it all new again and I have something to drive??
Or should I make my insurance fix it and them bill geico. My agent told me that was an option, but i have to pay 1500.00 deductible and get reimbursed from her company.

just call her insurance adjuster and tell him what you need. They should accommodate you as long as your reasonable.

Geico should contact you as soon as they have confirmed coverage. When they are sure they are liable they will get the process rolling. If liable they owe you for the cost of a rental vehicle and repairs. Sounds like a pretty simple claim but they have to go thru all the steps. Might be next week before they give the ok. If you need a rental ask around for what insurance normally allows for a rental and rent something in the ballpark. They should get you taken care of but it takes a few days. As long as the charges are reasonable they owe you for repairs and loss of use.

Even if you don't get a rental they still owe you for loss of use.

That stinks! Since it's "brand new" you should expect OEM parts which may be all that's available. I wouldn't want a cheap aftermarket grill/lamps etc to repair my new truck.

It went off in hers, but not mine. Bet it scared the snot out of her.

The aftermarket parts is what I don't want. Hopefully I can make them use oem. Probably can't "make" them do anything

danl":3sh20v30 said:
It went off in hers, but not mine. Bet it scared the snot out of her.

The aftermarket parts is what I don't want. Hopefully I can make them use oem. Probably can't "make" them do anything

Unless your policy has an endorsement to repair your vehicle with OEM parts I would not turn it in to your carrier and let the lizard handle it. I would have your agent not your file just in case which it sounds like you did. Her policy will more than likely not pay for OEM parts.

My policy does have a OEM endorsement, but if I use my insurance I lose the rental car, which I am going to need.
I dropped rental a month ago on my truck , because I figured I can always drive my old toyota farm truck to work if I needed to. However in last weeks ice storm my door froze shut real good and I messed up the latch trying to pry it open and it won't latch shut... I have been driving down the road to feed the cows with my window open..holding the door shut with my elbow. Somehow I can't see myself doing that 15 miles to work and back.. gets kind of chilly.

danl said:
it won't latch shut... I have been driving down the road to feed the cows with my window open..holding the door shut with my elbow.quote]
I thought that was what baling wire or duct tape was invented for

I don't know the law in your state but I would think you would call your Insurance Co. and have your truck towed to a GM Dealership for repair. You did nothing wrong, your Insurance Co will take care of you and go after hers.