No New Tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
John Deere salesman stopped by this week. Says there will few to no new JD tractors over 100 HP on the market this year.

Seems they have all been spoken for and bought.....................................

New combines will be tight also.

I don't reckon that will have much of an affect on me . Was a major drought here but, I wouldn't buy that stuff new anyway .

Larry

MikeC":1ugbq7ys said:
John Deere salesman stopped by this week. Says there will few to no new JD tractors over 100 HP on the market this year.

Seems they have all been spoken for and bought.....................................

I smell another corporate marketing scam. :mad: :mad:

JMichal":1p9kswb1 said:
MikeC":1p9kswb1 said:

I smell another corporate marketing scam. :mad: :mad:
Maybe just a labor strike in china

Wewild":cfj2jtvv said:
dun":cfj2jtvv said:
Maybe just a labor strike in china

Maybe they are just gona be used to plant and harvest corn.

Ya think? With the price of ag commodities increasing you would think that people would realize it?

I just love all these cynical posts about a problem that could possibly effect all of our bottom lines.
**************************************************************************************************************
22 January 2008 - 9:25AM View all news | Send to a friend | Print

Farm machinery shortage looms
By FAYE WHEEER

Chesterfield Dubbo director Steve Robertson said a strong demand internationally and difficulties in obtaining materials were making new John Deere equipment scarce.

A worldwide farm machinery shortage will be felt in the central west, a Dubbo dealer warns.
Chesterfield Dubbo director Steve Robertson said a strong demand internationally and difficulties in obtaining materials were making new John Deere equipment scarce.

This comes after advice from New Holland's Australia, New Zealand and Oceania region brand director Matthew King that larger products like combine harvesters could be in short supply
this year.

According to Mr King, New Holland factories in North America were "approaching capacity or near full capacity".

It is a similar story at "flat out" John Deere factories.

"Getting raw materials such as shifts and tyres is a problem," Mr Robertson said.

"Australia is only four or five per cent of the total market, so farmers have to put a hand up for new equipment 10 months ahead if it's not held by a dealer or John Deere.

"In Dubbo we foresaw this and placed orders so we have reasonable stocks, but certain types of tractors are in short supply."

Mr Robertson has noticed optimism among farmers after the increased rainfall of the past two months, but it's not all bright.

"Soft commodities prices are up, but costs of imports are up, too," he said.

With the demand for new equipment outstripping supply, Mr Robertson expects the parts and service department will be very busy.

[email protected]

Cynical? Fifty years ago, if there was a shortage of something, it was because there was a shortage of something. Then along comes the oil companirs in the '70s. Remember that? Trains of tank cars filled with gasoline parked on out of the way abandoned tracks, all the while there was a "gas shortage" going on. Most industries learned from that just exactly how supply and demand works, and have been busily using that knowledge to drive up prices on various commodities. And now, it's the oil companies again, and they're being joined by farm equipment folks . Isn't it interesting how the "shortages" all seem to be in things that are absolute necessities in life? There's no shortages in video games or fishing equipment or beer.

I don't think that there's much doubt in anybody's mind that these shortages are a product of ingenious marketing folks. And it seems to me that the cynicism is very well placed.

Not only is "Cynicism" abundant, but I see the conspiracy theories are gaining momentum as well.

If JD could squeeze one more tractor out of those assembly lines, I am sure they would. They have been burned before building too much equipment for the market. If this lasts another year or two, you may see some new factories.

Latest posts