No Country for Old Men

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
There is the movie but I'm referring more toward Colorado. More to come but don't feel its my place right at this moment to say more and I'm sure Limpy will surely fill in the blanks and I think the tale will be one worth pouring a hot cup of coffee and reading when its posted. So for now, let's send our best thoughts, wishes and karma to those in Colorado - especially those Italian cowboy types who think its good practice to give shots from the underside of a cow.

BTW - when I spoke to him he was feeling absolutely no pain whatsoever and the prognosis sounded good, so good that I even tried to get the name of his pharmacist because I want some of what he's got.

Don't know for sure - details were fuzzy from some good sounding meds. What I do know is about this time last year he called telling me about how he tried to either inoculate or tag one of his calves from the under side of the beast and it didn't work to well. Told him he needed to be careful and he wasn't as young as he once was.

Today he called - am thinking it was a butt dial because he knows sympathy don't live here - and he told me he had a mishap loading a calf and he got his ankle broke or messed up enough they pulled out the good meds for him. He didn't sound like he was in any pain but I am sure he will be tomorrow so keep him in your thoughts and prayers and hopefully he can join us soon and give details and maybe explain to us why he thinks he is still a young wrangler.

Just learned it was bad enough for surgery - six pins in ankle and six week medical vacation.

Meds will be wearing off tomorrow I suspect so keep the good thoughts and wishes coming and we might all want to hold off on the no-spring-chicken lecture.

It's heck to get old, but it beats the alternative. 3Waycross you could've waited till after hunting season.

highgrit":2esfj1m6 said:
It's heck to get old, but it beats the alternative. 3Waycross you could've waited till after hunting season.

Thanks buddy yo are right but i already shot a deer last week and been to SD for pheasants.

So here's the good news. I can still block for pheasants and i am getting a permit to shoot from the truck for my Elk and plains whitetail.

I HAVE A PLAN. :cowboy:

..........and for all you who think age is a number I pretty sure there are folks here who are older and tougher and going stronger than me.

I will slow down and quit when the Good Lord stops giving me the strength and guts to keep getting up when life knocks me down.

.......and not a minute sooner. We are dead a long time, May as well go out in style or doing something we love.

BTW I want to thank Joe for posting the news and for all ya'll's good wishes. It means a lot.(of course this is the drugs talkin)haha

Hope it's your left ankle and not your right. Had a friend go through something like that this summer and she couldn't drive for that 6 weeks- that's such a pain for anyone, much less someone that tries to stay busy.

Hope all heals well and you stay comfortable.

Best wishes for an uneventful recovery, 3way! Unwelcome events anyway!
Glad that you've got a plan for elk season :D I was wondering about hunting on crutches ;-)
Enjoy the drugs for the next few days and take it real easy.
Is it the same ankle that you messed up a while back?

3waycross":nlqqighv said:
I HAVE A PLAN.

Six weeks of hunting with a handicapped permit. Six weeks mandatory sick leave. With you counting the months to retirement, I am thinking a Fortune 200 company would never risk NOT allowing this time count toward your retirement. Yeah, I'd say you got a plan. :clap: :tiphat:

Jogeephus":3hr1vyd6 said:
3waycross":3hr1vyd6 said:
I HAVE A PLAN.

Six weeks of hunting with a handicapped permit. Six weeks mandatory sick leave. With you counting the months to retirement, I am thinking a Fortune 200 company would never risk NOT allowing this time count toward your retirement. Yeah, I'd say you got a plan. :clap: :tiphat:

When I read I GOT A PLAN, for some reason, the image of giant underground critters, Burt Gummer, and a young Kevin Bacon came to mind.......

Commercialfarmer":3k22ep7i said:
Hope it's your left ankle and not your right. Had a friend go through something like that this summer and she couldn't drive for that 6 weeks- that's such a pain for anyone, much less someone that tries to stay busy.

Hope all heals well and you stay comfortable.

Well it ain't! It's the right.......................crap. The worst part is my right leg is my dominant leg so the other one is weaker. I have been struggling with my left hip as it is. I was actually going in for some xrays to see if it might be starting to go south on me. I guess this will tell the tale one way or the other.

Latest posts