new tractor recommendations

Help Support CattleToday:

hillrancher":vy7pfen2 said:
denvermartinfarms":vy7pfen2 said:
just wondering what kind of problems you have had if there is somthing i should watch for.the last one i have bought is a 1993 m7950 so far been good. i see you are in arkansas what dealer are do you use just asking becuse somtimes when i need somthing for my older tractor not every dealer has it.

The first Kubota was a 50 hp had to overhaul it every thousand hours could not keep the head true. It would get hot if worked hard.
The 108sds is a 2010 the fuel system is messed up. It is a common rail system . Since a injector failed they cannot get it back to working as before. The hp is down and it is starving for fuel and the paint has turned pink. The last one just has 80 some hours good so far.
I have a older 80 hp JD that will put either kubota in the back when it come to hard work.
My dealer is Berryville Equipment they are owen by Superior Chevorlet. They own Kubota dealer Harrison, Berryville, Springdale and in Oklahoma.
sorry to hear about all the problems all things i have never heard of on a kubota exept the paint on some models. how long has superior owend berryville we bought a new kubota loader from them about 8 years ago and i don't remeber that then. hope your new kubota is alot better than your last one's

highgrit":2hnqjslh said:
Kubota is a fine tractor for the money. But nothing can compete with a John Deere, you pay more but you get more.
The reason being is they have the most money to spend on R&D.
As far as for the money in my area kubotas run about as much as a deere. and they are the only to new tractors i would look at. both have thing's better about them than the other but i have leaned more toward kubota and have been happy

I hear that John Deere is now made in two different locations and that it makes a big difference on the quality of the tractor. We have had good luck with the Kubotas.

As far as the lack of power goes, I think Kubota is addressing that issue. The original post asked about a M135x. That tractor has a 6.1something liter motor. And, it's just a 4 cylinder. That is a big step up from the 3.8's that used to be the biggest they made here. Mine seems to have plenty of power at the low end of the rpm's.

I have heard talk of them coming out with some 150-200 horse tractors and a combine for the American market.

Sizmic

sizmic":109scgt5 said:
As far as the lack of power goes, I think Kubota is addressing that issue. The original post asked about a M135x. That tractor has a 6.1something liter motor. And, it's just a 4 cylinder. That is a big step up from the 3.8's that used to be the biggest they made here. Mine seems to have plenty of power at the low end of the rpm's.

I have heard talk of them coming out with some 150-200 horse tractors and a combine for the American market.

Sizmic

My dad is the head mechanic at our local kubota dealer. He was in Atlanta last month for a weeks worth of training on the new large tractor series that will be coming off the line next year. They are hoping to compete with JD and Case in the row crop market.

The kubota tractor i have is light. Keep a bale of hay on the back when loading hay. Cab don't got enough room to cuss a cat without getting fur in your mouth. When it starts to pull down it falls on its face fast.

I looked at a Kubota 8540, Case Farmall 90, and John Deere 5093E 3 years ago when I bought a new tractor. I thought for the money, the 5093E represented the best purchase.

The John Deere "E" series are US built in Augusta, GA. I think the "E" series comes with only a 540 PTO I believe.

I've had the tractor now for 3 years this weekend. I've thoroughly enjoyed the tractor and have never regretted my purchase. I plan on it possibly being the last tractor purchase of my life.

I bought a new 5055E last year. It will be the last Deere I own. As soon as I get it back from the dealer, it will leave the farm. It has 133 hours on it and has a new hydraulic/steering pump an a new control valve being put on it. Its been at the dealer for a month now. The idiotic dealer first had a bushog hooked up to it trying to find the problem, then said they put 2 new screws in the control valve an all was fixed. I put it under a load at the dealership and proved them wrong and made them cut a filter open. Sad when you must troubleshoot your own tractor at the dealer. I don't like the Japs, but orange might be in my future.

My tractor is an E series, an its made in India. Maybe the higher end E models are made here. I might change my mind on a Deere if the one's made here are a better product.

Some John Deeres are assembled here but the parts are made overseas. They even assemble some Kubotas here but that doesn't make them made in the U.S. to me. You can get a good or bad tractor with any of them no different than trucks. My only gripe is why do I have to buy a 100hp tractor to do what a 70hp used to do. There is an old breaking plow still on my farm my grandpa pulled with a MT that a 70 horse tractor nowdays will barely pull. The new tractors have plenty of hp, just no azz.

John SD":2u1yinl5 said:
I'm contemplating a tractor upgrade later this year. Considering a mfwd with loader, bucket and grappel in the 120 pto hp range. It will be used for haying and winter feeding.

Biggest potential load I have for the tractor would be my 16'x33' Lahman stackmover on which I haul a maximum of 23 bales weighing 1300 lbs each. Also a 5'x6' round baler and 16' moco. All 1000 rpm implements.

What are your experiences and thoughts concerning the Kubota M135X vs NH T6060 vs MF 6465? I'm trying to stay open minded and am not averse to red, green, or Cat yellow either. TIA for replies.

That is a LOT of weight on the stackmover. What is the weight on the drawbar? Maximum drawbar weight should be on the spec sheet of every tractor.
A 16' moco takes a lot of HP and a lot of weight to handle pulling it. Don't buy too light--you'll tear something up.

Latest posts