New Thread - Immigration

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":12nnj4zv said:
Bright Raven":12nnj4zv said:
greybeard":12nnj4zv said:
You just blamed it.....on 'the incentives'.

You are playing a game of semantics.

And you aren't?
Of course you are. Rationalization and compartmentalization.
Just as the Mexican govt claims the cartel drug trade is completely 'our' fault because 'we' provide a demand and yet any mention of making the Southern border air tight meets beyond stiff resistance from that same govt.

The great GB. All he can do is run rabbit trails. Lol

Caustic Burno":2kqivdls said:
Bright Raven":2kqivdls said:
snoopdog":2kqivdls said:
Mexicans are not the only Spanish speaking people in this hemisphere , which is the impression I get from reading these comments. Many people not only want to come to this country for economic reasons , but many are fleeing violence and persecution of the worst kind. Are they not human beings also ? Should we send them back to their ill fate? When people say they don't contribute , do they not buy goods and pay sales tax? Do they not buy gasoline and pay road tax? On and On. Illegal immigrants can't draw welfare . The Mexican americans that I know , have a sense of family that surpasses 90% of the lazy white trash around here . I happen to work with a guatemalen who was viciously tortured by the gangs there , and has the scars. I believe that if it weren't for the immigrants , legal or otherwise , spending money here , our economic situation would be substantially worse. Should there be some reform , yes , should we have security ,yes, but the proper perspective with an open mind is the only way we will solve it ,building a wall won't .

I agree with most of this. I knew several Mexican Americans in Denver. Their values rival a cross section of the citizens in this nation. And yes, we have our fair share of troubled citizens. I don't like to use the term white trash.

Here there is a direct correlation between tattoos and pit bulls chained to cinder blocks and the IQ of the inhabitants of the trailer.

Don't forget electric fence. ;-)

i also know a few mexicans that are decent people.

WELL WELL WELL!! LETS LET THEM ALL IN ! !

lol.. what kind of thinking is this?

In 2010, adult black non-Hispanic males were incarcerated at the rate of 4,347 inmates per 100,000 U.S. residents. Adult white males were incarcerated at the rate of 678 inmates per 100,000 U.S. residents. Adult Hispanic males were incarcerated at the rate of 1,755 inmates per 100,000 U.S. residents.[1] (For female rates see the table below.) Asian Americans have lower incarceration rates than any other racial group, including whites

ddd75":a915d2to said:
i also know a few mexicans that are decent people.

WELL WELL WELL!! LETS LET THEM ALL IN ! !

lol.. what kind of thinking is this?

You better consult Greatbeard on that before you let them all in.

It all comes down to the govt not enforcing the laws. There are laws against them coming, laws agaisnt hiring them, laws against the drugs they bring in, laws agaisnt all that.

The idea is it is logistically easier to prevent crossing with a wall and I agree. That is some rough country our border patrol has to cover and I frankly done see how they do it... and technically they don't cover it all.

Cross-7":2ntmguyj said:
We don't need the ones bringing in drugs, kidnapping women and children and momma shooting out a half dozen babies living in government housing. Getting free housing, taking the babies to the free clinic or county hospital getting food stamps while baby daddy's are out gang banging and robbing and stealing.
We have become too soft

Soft versus Tough.

Like the Johnny Cash song that praises the virtue of being tough:
"Son, this world is rough
And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough.
"

There are other virtues that also reflect strength that some might view as soft, but they are NOT.
Wisdom
Charity
Compassion
Generosity
Gentleness
Justice
Sensitivity
Tolerance
You want to guess whose teachings these come from?

Bright Raven":1ta8wkk5 said:
Cross-7":1ta8wkk5 said:
We don't need the ones bringing in drugs, kidnapping women and children and momma shooting out a half dozen babies living in government housing. Getting free housing, taking the babies to the free clinic or county hospital getting food stamps while baby daddy's are out gang banging and robbing and stealing.
We have become too soft

Soft versus Tough.

"

There are other virtues that also reflect strength that some might view as soft, but they are NOT.
Wisdom
Charity
Compassion
Generosity
Gentleness
Justice
Sensitivity
Tolerance

That depends on if you truely believe hand-outs and welfare help people.

You can do all the things listed above with out enabling people.

Brute 23":1v0w1fad said:
Bright Raven":1v0w1fad said:
Cross-7":1v0w1fad said:
We have become too soft

Soft versus Tough.

"

Wisdom
Charity
Compassion
Generosity
Gentleness
Justice
Sensitivity
Tolerance

That depends on if you truely believe hand-outs and welfare help people.

You can do all the things listed above with out enabling people.

Acknowledged

That is where wisdom comes in. Unfortunately, too many never learn to employ their minds.

Some of you guys that have worked in the hard work type of jobs know this but a lot of the jobs we have available would not be filled if it weren't for the south of the border types. Try to find a crew of Americans to roof your house on a hot summer day. I did structural steel work for years, in the shop and in the field. We could not keep good white or black help. They just didn't want to work that hard. It wasn't a money deal, it was just that they didn't want to do it. I was glad to have the Mexicans. They would work hard and not whine about the overtime. I had many good friends that weren't official citizens.

Now that the company has to use E-Verify, they can't find employees. They have had a help wanted sign up for 6 months. Believe me that anyone white, black or brown that walked in that showed some gumption to work and learn would be trained and could be a certified welder within 6 months.

We, down here, have been working with these people for generations. They are friends and in a lot of cases part of our families.

IMO the immigration issue and abuse is just mirror image of our own citizens and government.

I do believe it has to be addressed and I do believe the wall has to be built. I also believe the whole process needs to be updated for how to handle these people.

Brute 23":1i8asxoc said:
We, down here, have been working with these people for generations. They are friends and in a lot of cases part of our families.

IMO the immigration issue and abuse is just mirror image of our own citizens and government.

I do believe it has to be addressed and I do believe the wall has to be built. I also believe the whole process needs to be updated for how to handle these people.

Brute, you have demonstrated to me in the length of time that I have read your posts that you are fair, objective and rational. In respect for those qualities, I am open to supporting a wall of you think it is needed.

I'm not too scared of all these illegal immigrants, honestly. We've got Americans, of all makes, models and flavors, that drive drunk, beat their wives, abuse their kids, molest their kids, sell people into slavery, murder, rape, serial kill, form gangs, sell drugs, get in fights at bars, and are generally a waste of the air they breathe and natural resources they consume.

There are 4 women I work with that I know came here illegally as children. None of them had any say about it. Given the opportunity, they are all legal citizens now, are gainfully employed, pay taxes, and are really nice people.

Now, you guys, untwist your panties. Would this girl be alive had this guy not been in the country? Maybe, maybe not. I know there's the sentiment on here of "when it's your time, it's your time." Was this her time? Who knows. Would she have been hit by a car? Hit by a stray bullet? No one knows. The universe is a mystery. The only things we know are that she's dead, her family is destroyed and a person has been charged with her murder. Building the wall will not bring her back, and I'm guessing it's not going to stop the flow of folks coming in. Spoiler alert: the Cubans came here on boats, I'm sure the Mexicans can figure it out, too.

Bestoutwest":2rgucwk7 said:
I'm not too scared of all these illegal immigrants, honestly. We've got Americans, of all makes, models and flavors, that drive drunk, beat their wives, abuse their kids, molest their kids, sell people into slavery, murder, rape, serial kill, form gangs, sell drugs, get in fights at bars, and are generally a waste of the air they breathe and natural resources they consume.

There are 4 women I work with that I know came here illegally as children. None of them had any say about it. Given the opportunity, they are all legal citizens now, are gainfully employed, pay taxes, and are really nice people.

Now, you guys, untwist your panties. Would this girl be alive had this guy not been in the country? Maybe, maybe not. I know there's the sentiment on here of "when it's your time, it's your time." Was this her time? Who knows. Would she have been hit by a car? Hit by a stray bullet? No one knows. The universe is a mystery. The only things we know are that she's dead, her family is destroyed and a person has been charged with her murder. Building the wall will not bring her back, and I'm guessing it's not going to stop the flow of folks coming in. Spoiler alert: the Cubans came here on boats, I'm sure the Mexicans can figure it out, too.
Your speculating about ifs and maybes. Fact is, a illegal immigrant killed that girl. We let the Cubans in this country, same as we're doing with those crossing the Mexican border. Illegal immigration is easy to stop, we're just to soft as a country.

how many of you are willing to take your door off the hinges and just let anyone that wants to walk in your home, just come in and help themselves to anything you have .

I will start another thread if this ones starts to fill up with names ...

Anyone???

Anyone????

Anyone?????

True Grit Farms":3d3w0udf said:
Your speculating about ifs and maybes. Fact is, a illegal immigrant killed that girl. We let the Cubans in this country, same as we're doing with those crossing the Mexican border. Illegal immigration is easy to stop, we're just to soft as a country.

Correction, our politicians are too weak on illegal immigration. And don't think for a second it's not both sides of the aisle. The left and right both have constituents and lobbyists that would pull the plug quicker than your date on prom night if Washington got real on immigration. We don't need a wall. We need welfare control. You stop leaving crumbs out at night, where do the pests go? To someone else's house. We shut down welfare for folks that are able bodied, force them to work, and those jobs will fill up quick. No jobs=no money. No money=no incentive to be here.

People will always want to low ball. A illegal will always work cheaper than legal citizens. It's just the way it is and has been forever. There was a war fought because of some of it.

I agree that anyone knowingly hiring illegals should face harsh penalties.
But the problem is the employer will become burdened with doing immigrations job. They same way we are now expected to be tax collector, back child support collector etc. It's how our government works.

If they would just sit at home Depot and follow those who pick up wets and charge them with felonies. Deport the wets. That problem would be solved.
I don't worry about it. I'm a profiling sob.
If you look like your daddy might have been illegal I ain't hiring. .....same if you look light in the loafers.

Anybody that thinks walls don't work is a idiot. Look around walls work. And they last a long time, work round the clock, no overtime, no sicktime, no pension..

M-5":n7xhlbva said:
how many of you are willing to take your door off the hinges and just let anyone that wants to walk in your home, just come in and help themselves to anything you have .

I will start another thread if this ones starts to fill up with name.....

Anyone???

Name: Bright Raven.
Answer: No. I would not take my door off the hinges. Not in any order:
1. Flies would get in.
2. Dogs would get out.
3. Rain would get in.
4. Air conditioned air would get out.
5. Cold would get in.
6. Heat would get out.
7. Mexicans would get in.
8. I may enjoy that if it was a señora Hermosa.

It is not a one size fits all. A wall will help some. Sting operations that hit the Home Depot crowd. Hit a few CEO types from big companies with jail time for hiring illegals. It doesn't have to be a felony with long time in prison for hiring an illegal. Just a no fine but mandatory jail time. People who run businesses aren't going to want to go sit for a week or three. And fix the legal immigration so people can come in. I have relatives in Sweden who have told me they would love to come to America but simply can't afford to go through the process. The trouble is the government is in charge of immigration and please tell me of one job the government does well.

Latest posts