New Red Angus Herdsire!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Kaching!!!!

That dude looks quite similar to King Rob in the back, belly, hip and rear leg. Tipped me off. Tried to find him at RAAA, but figured out now that I didn't put the period in his name after MR. Figured a 2005 calf was probably a grandson, rather than a son.

Ahhh, I have been wondering about that Valentino bull. Maybe you found a Julian you can live with, BRG? :D

Did you see other Valentino's?

I'm sure this one is exceptional, but are the half-sibs good, too? Fairly thick like this one? Or did it come from the dam?

What is his frame score?

mtnman

I saw like 8 or 9 half brothers of him. They were all pretty good. nice body, length and muscle for the most part. But this guy gets most of his power and muscle from his dam. He is around a 6.5 frame. Never measured him, so just a guess.

BRG:

Check out his new YW EPD.

Has there ever been a RA that high?

I bet the ME will go up on his daughters, hard to keep that much growth w/o mature size going up.

At the very least, he is an animal. Figuratively speaking.

mtnman

Very nice, though I agree that his top his a little weak. But hey you can't have it all. If you don't mind my askin, how much was he?

*Cowgirl*":i9hibd8i said:
Very nice, though I agree that his top his a little weak. But hey you can't have it all. If you don't mind my askin, how much was he?
A little lesson in Agricultural Ettiquette:
1. Never ask someone how many head of cattle they have.
2. Never ask someone how much land they own.
3. And, by no means should you ask someone how much they paid for an animal, land or equipment.

These are personal things. It is akin to asking someone how much money they have in the bank.

I know what you are saying in regards to etiquette. But if you tell someone how many head you run are you bragging?

I think there are proper ways that you can ask questions to people without being intrusive. Lots of people like to be asked questions about their operation.

Ya, I see his YW went up. I figured it would go up close to that with the ratios he had. Their has been a handfull of bulls with numbers like this, but not to many. I don't really care what his numbers do, as long as he breeds like I think he will. That is all that really matters.

For the people wanting to know what he cost. I think he was either the 5th or 6th highest selling bull of the year in the Red Angus breed.

Whoever wants to know, just PM me and I will tell you.

Before or after 5L sold?

5L - $180,000
- $23,000
- $16,500
- $15,000
_ $15,000
$13,000
$10,000
$10,000

Then, a month later, Larry gets tired of everybody pestering him to buy his own favorite bull, so Larry sells 20% interest for $100,000. If I was a good promoter, I would say that bull had a $500,000 valuation.

Stevenson 20,000

Pieper $57,500
$14,000
$14,000
$11,000
$11,000
$10,000
$10,000

You red guys had a heck of a year.

mtnman

It was in Mid April, and you don't have all of the high selling bulls on there. Here are a few more ranches that I can think of that had some high dollr bulls.

Coley
Feddes
UBar
OHR

Right BRG, I just hit the ones I knew for sure.

The Red guys sure had the best year ever, it looks like.

Feddes had a 1/2 interest bull for $41,000.

Leland - $13,000
-$10,000

Green Mountain - $10,000

Schuler - $10,000

LCoC- $27,500

Ubar - $33,000

Midland Bull test- Dial Cattle Co = $23,000
Klompien $15,500

Beckton $22,000
$19,000
$10,000
$10,000

I don't have the Coley or OHR bulls.

Great year, I hope it doesn't go to their head.

I didn't find any of these tops bulls that I think would work for me.

mtnman

mtnman":1rzri0sm said:
I didn't find any of these tops bulls that I think would work for me.

mtnman
Seriously? 25 or so of the best RA bulls in the nation and you don't like 1? Get real.

Just because somebody else thinks they are great doesn't mean they will work for me.

I like ME under 3, and REA and IMF to both be over .10. With CED, CETM, HPG and ST in the top half.

With no Cherokee Canyon, or Lancer.

Can't see anything wrong with wanting good females, with at least average carcass.

mtnman

The Coley bulls were I think were $75,000 and $25,000, and the OHR was $15,000.

I have seen nearly all of these bulls. They are all good in their own way, some alot better than the next, it all depends on what you are trying to do. I bought 3 of these bulls. 1 from Pieper, 1 from OHR, and Red Dawg from Thomas. I don't want to sound full of myself, but these are the only 3 that I will use out of this group of bulls, and I really feel that these were the best 3 bulls sold this year. The next guy might not think so, but I sure do.

Which bull of Larry's was this?

Then, a month later, Larry gets tired of everybody pestering him to buy his own favorite bull, so Larry sells 20% interest for $100,000. If I was a good promoter, I would say that bull had a $500,000 valuation.

A full brother to Destination.

His pick, that he didn't put in the sale. Rumors, rumors.

I haven't talked to Larry to confirm, but heard it from 2 different guys.

Right, BRG, what works for you might not for others. You like them big and thick(relative to me), I like the smaller and thick (relative to you).

Your Red Dawg bull is the only one out of the bunch that might have had a prayer for me, but now his YW climbed, so I suspect when the proof comes in in about 7 years, that his ME will climb to over 10. This of course assumes that breeders actually weigh cows, which most of them refuse to do, especially the guys with the big cows.
;-)

mtnman

The bull that Coley's sold for $75,000. Who bought him?
Who else would have been banging away on him?
What is he?

I think they're talking about the Perks Advance calf they sold at Denver. Bryan Mackenzie took a run at him.

Latest posts